Bad
Good

Very active Brimhall parent for about 8 yrs. Unique perspective as parent of "2e" students in GATE program. One experienced subtle but perfect storm of invisible special needs, good behavior and academics, unhealthy competition (among students and their parents), and being targeted by peers. Staff and administration was quite responsive, but sometimes reluctant to confront other parents/students. Much was revealed about school culture beyond great test scores. Still have one child there, but family healing is a long-term process.

Our son attended this school for kindergarten. He was not challenged enough by the curriculum. He reported they did 'nothing'. Even with very specific questions about reading, writing, math, Very few completed work came home. I even emailed the teacher to see if he was not bring stuff home. I would not recommend this school for kids who don' t need to 'catch up'. Very large, diverse school and has gifted program but not until 3rd grade. By then you have lost 3 years of your child's interest in learning. I volunteered right before Dec break and one of the mom's was complaining about 'what am I going to do with my kid for 2 weeks?' I felt really bad for her kid. I look forward to time with my kids.

Our daughter attends Brimhall. I love her teacher. She is outstanding with the children and has been great with communicating with the parents. Supportive environment and great volunteer program!

I moved my son here after several years at another school. He absolutely thrived at this school. Brimhall has some truly exceptional teachers, which shows in the sense of community that the kids have with one another and their testing. My son had some significant anxiety and underachievement at his prior school - and that all seriously flipped for the better at this school. I felt that the leadership was very responsive to these concerns and placed him (and my daughter) thoughtfully with well-suited teachers. He's now in high school (still doing great), but I thank Brimhall for setting this great tone for him. My daughter also just loved this school I can't say enough good things abou tit.

Brimhall was an ok school for my kid. If you want a principle that does a lot with the kids then do not go to Brimhall. The principle does absolutely nothing to help teachers or assist students. She only came by once to visit my child's class in the whole year. All she does was sit in the air conditioned office. Not to be mean to brimhall or anything the only thing good is safety. There are almost no advanced placement classes to get you ready for middle school. I'd say Brimhall used to have good teachers but now I'd stick to Parkview.

Last modified Brimhall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.