Brimhall Elementary School 1

Posted December 02, 2012
Our son attended this school for kindergarten. He was not challenged enough by the curriculum. He reported they did 'nothing'. Even with very specific questions about reading, writing, math, Very few completed work came home. I even emailed the teacher to see if he was not bring stuff home. I would not recommend this school for kids who don' t need to 'catch up'. Very large, diverse school and has gifted program but not until 3rd grade. By then you have lost 3 years of your child's interest in learning. I volunteered right before Dec break and one of the mom's was complaining about 'what am I going to do with my kid for 2 weeks?' I felt really bad for her kid. I look forward to time with my kids.

Brimhall Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2011
Our daughter attends Brimhall. I love her teacher. She is outstanding with the children and has been great with communicating with the parents. Supportive environment and great volunteer program!

Posted October 03, 2011
I moved my son here after several years at another school. He absolutely thrived at this school. Brimhall has some truly exceptional teachers, which shows in the sense of community that the kids have with one another and their testing. My son had some significant anxiety and underachievement at his prior school - and that all seriously flipped for the better at this school. I felt that the leadership was very responsive to these concerns and placed him (and my daughter) thoughtfully with well-suited teachers. He's now in high school (still doing great), but I thank Brimhall for setting this great tone for him. My daughter also just loved this school I can't say enough good things abou tit.

Brimhall Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2008

Brimhall Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2008
Brimhall was an ok school for my kid. If you want a principle that does a lot with the kids then do not go to Brimhall. The principle does absolutely nothing to help teachers or assist students. She only came by once to visit my child's class in the whole year. All she does was sit in the air conditioned office. Not to be mean to brimhall or anything the only thing good is safety. There are almost no advanced placement classes to get you ready for middle school. I'd say Brimhall used to have good teachers but now I'd stick to Parkview.

Posted December 01, 2005
Great school, my son is in first grade, he enjoy all the learning process. 'My son's teacher worked one-on-one with him and boosted his confidence as a reader.' I recomend this school to everyone.

Brimhall Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2005
Brimhall is a state rated 5 star school, but does have some deficiencies. Many bright students attend and that is part of the reason for the high test scores. Principal is not a strong leader, doesn't know the names of the children in the school, often is non-responsive to parents, poor communication all around. In some grades the teachers send weekly email updates - a big plus. Three of the better teachers retired 6/05, still many wonderful educators remain. As noted in review below: no art program, fairly strong music program, children in grades 4-6 can take band/orchestra. Strong core of parent volunteers help make this school better. Parents volunteers provide most enrichment activities. Class size has increased significantly in the last few years. 28-29 students per class is typical. Brimhall has an unfriendly late start of 9:30 am and most kids don't get home until 4:15 in the afternoon.

Posted November 29, 2004
- a former student
I'm a boy who moved from this school and I missed this school ever since. IT ROCKED MY WORLD and i never ever went to a better school than this one. The kids at my new school are ok but are much different since they aren't so nice or great. The friends your kid can make at this school are nice, responsible, DONT CURSE, and will make your child feel great and at home. This school also has Title 1 for kids behind and a afterschool/summer program called Friendship Connection where you can make friends, have your child make friends, have your child have funny in activies, and dont have to worry about your child while you are at work. All you have to do is pick him/her up. BEWARE: NO BUSES. It opens when school closes and closes at 6pm. Can be before School too. This School Rocks!SoBring YourKid HereToday!

Posted November 29, 2004
Dont listen to crazymons who give this school only 3 stars! your kid will have fun at gym, evry kid loves jungle tag at this school. Its k-6 and has gym=music evry other day for 1-3 graders and for k,4-6 has them evryday. Teachers are nice. They have a salad bar and hot lunch (2 choises). Has a after/before/summer friendship connection day care k-6 (summer k-4/5 but has a 3-9 at middle school)realllly fun(5 stars). Lots of cool field trips that cost under 10 bucks very learnable and fun. Title 1 for troubled kids. No art classes except in homeroom, but it makes ur kid love the time when art comes around. Esl for new or ethnic grouped americans to learn any launage. Field days at gym. Monthly drills for all weather. Nice kids. Feasts and bbqs and fun nights. All sport teams to sign for. Bookfares...... Just too much!

Posted July 21, 2004
- a former student
I went to this school from 1-6 and i loved it... at times it could be stricked but at other time i enjoyed evey min. I made soo many new friends here... All i Have to say is i recomend it to any adults who are looking for their kids school... In fifth grade you go on a really exiting feild trip to the fortsnelling... And in Sixth you go on two exiting feild trips. 1: the adoubon(northwoods) 2: Ski trip... The at the end of the year you (if your in sixthgrade) get an award cerimony and you have at night a graduation... It reall rocks... Thanks for having me at the school it rocks!

Brimhall Elementary School
1744 West County Rd B, Roseville, MN  55113
(651) 638-1958
Last modified Brimhall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brimhall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top