Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 09, 2016
Yes, I believe Central Park Elementary encourages all of their students to become good community citizens.

Central Park Elementary School 5

Posted June 09, 2016
When I toured Central Park Elementary with Principal Becky Berkas, she left me with these words. "This school will be what you make it". I took those words to heart and decided to become an active parent involved in anything and everything I could get into. The result was nothing short of amazing. I feel as though my entire family is part of the school and that we are a vital part of the community too. In my opinion, Central Park Elementary is truly neighborhood school and one I can say I am proud to be a part of.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 31, 2016
Yes! The school has a very diverse population. There are opportunities for kids to share.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
Students learn to display Panther pride. This is a way to recognize positive behavior students display. They actively learn what behaviors are desirable. There is also a weekly class competition where the best behaved class in certain areas wins a trophy.

Central Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2016
We like Central Park Elementary! When we moved to Roseville in 2015, our realtor warned us about the local school pointing at the greatschool.org rating. However, we believe in our kids attending their local school, noticed many low-star reviews were either old, or did not seem applicable (summer school), and decided that with enough parent involvement we would make it work even if the school was less When I went to enroll the kids (1st and 3rd) I got to meet the principal (relatively new at the school) and got a good feeling about our choice. Now with the schoolyear coming to a close, I feel like I can make a convincing positive case for Central Park Elementary that will hopefully combat the negatives around: - The kids have felt safe, and stimulated all year in a nurturing diverse environment and enjoyed going to Central Park - Teachers and Staff care, are knowledgeable, and accessible. They responded well to our specific learning needs (speech, subject acceleration) and made us feel like partners in our children's education. - Kids go to a specialist for Art, Music, Phys. Ed. and Spark Lab (a new engineering class!). First grade also got to go to the local Nature Center for more enrichment, and both grades had field trips. - Parent Involvement is growing! The PTA got a reboot and is already busy planning even more fun activities and ways to support the students in the upcoming school year (yes - I joined the PTA this year) - The school has a diverse student population including a large group of recent immigrants. As a result my kids are exposed to lots of different cultures! - My kids are doing well academically. They have definitely grown intellectually over the past year. The school feels like it is in a upward trajectory. Lots of investments are being made, and I do not doubt this will be reflected in test scores (although this is only one measure to consider when picking a school). For those who are in our shoes and are trying to decide whether to pick this school for your child, go visit the school, talk to the principal, talk to the PTA, remember you can always become involved in the school. - a parent and former educator

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
All teachers care about their students, encouraging parent involvement, differentiating instructions based on needs, providing safe environments, and showing Panther Pride by example.
Posted July 06, 2015

Central Park Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2014
Terrible. My daughter went here for summer school only. My daughter, who generally likes school refused to go. After much pressing, she told me all the class did was fight, the teacher never taught, and kids bullied her. I can just imagine if she went year-round..

Central Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2014
I am a semi retired social worker and sub teacher who works with the Karen children. I don't have contact with the staff at Central Park. My concern is that so many of the Karen kids I know have terrible spelling and English skills! Many have been here for 5 to 6 years now. They should know the "silent e " rule for sure! A 12 year old I know quite well there, doesn't know multiplication yet! Hardly a one! He doesn't strike me as mentally disabled at all. I don't feel they should be in all Karen classes for more than 2 years after they arrive in the US. How can someone be in an English school for 5 or 6 years and say " My brother and ther friens"? Of course they speak to each other in their own language all day. They need to be divided up and held to higher standards! Why aren't more of them going to Parkview? As to parent involvement, many parents don't speak English, have younger kids at home and don't have cars.

Central Park Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
If I could give zero strars I would. My son has autism and many other disorders and was placed into this school as the district said it was the most capable to assist with his special needs. At every turn we have received resistance and they refuse to help. They state they have no other kids like ours and they will work on it. This school cannot support special needs and does not care about special needs students.

Central Park Elementary School 5

Posted June 07, 2012
My children attended this school years ago and we always loved this school as our neighborhood school. Then three years ago my grandson started Kindergarten here and this year another grandson began kindergarten. We have had the most wonderful experience with all of the staff. The teachers and principal are some of the most caring professionals meeting the challenges of this century. As a former teacher, I volunteer at the school often and I would encourage anyone to go and visit the school or even better volunteer and you would want your child to be a part of this environment. The world is changing and this school is definitely teaching our grandchildren what it is like to live peacefully together with people of all backgrounds. It makes me sad also when gossip starts going on in neighborhoods. I think that everyone needs to think for themselves on what they want for their children. I would highly recommend this school to everyone.

535 West County Rd B2, Roseville, MN  55113
Last modified Central Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.