No rating

St Rose Of Lima Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 254 students

Living in Roseville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $168,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted Friday, October 17, 2014

Our children are in St. Rose and we have had nothing but great experiences. They are thriving academically, gaining confidence, and learning respect for themselves and others. The teaching staff at St. Rose is incredible: they are very invested in each child's success, and take the time to communicate well with parents. The community of families at St. Rose are very involved at the school, and we feel very confident in our children's safety and future growth. We looked at several area public and private schools before we chose St. Rose, and are extremely happy with our choice.

Posted August 5, 2014

Too small, poor principal leadership. We changed schools (to another Catholic school) and feel much more challenged academically and the children are happier socially with at least 2 classes per grade. Also, bulling was a major issue at St Rose.

Posted April 29, 2014

I can confidently send my child to school every day knowing she will be safe, she will be loved, and the values we have worked so hard to instill in her will be encouraged. The school atmosphere encourages respect, calm, and happiness. I love the small class sizes. I know she won t be lost in the crowd and that she will get one-on-one attention from her teachers. I have always experienced excellent communication with teachers. I appreciate the updates and reports I receive each week in the Friday folder. I know I will be contacted if my child is struggling with something. At St. Rose I know there will be no surprises when we attend parent/teacher conferences. The teachers are easy to approach and always return calls or emails right away. I love that their middle school prepares students for high school. I like that they are on a separate floor learning new skills (i.e. changing classes, lockers) but they are still able to be part of the school community. This is a school that is open to all faiths. I like that it has the foundation of Christianity, but allows families and students to continue with their own spiritual journey.

Posted February 20, 2013

I have 3 children that attend Saint Rose. (2012-13- 7th, 6th, and 4th) They've attended since preschool with the exception of 1 year outside of Saint Rose. I tried the public school system for one year, and returned the children to Saint Rose. Saint Rose is more than a superb education. It is a community where everyone is interested in each child's well-being. The school has one camera monitored entrance which makes it a safe environment for the children. Spanish has been added to the curriculum and will be taught to every child during the 2013-2014 school year. I am so grateful that my children attend a school that not only gives them an excellent education, but also cares about their emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being.

Posted February 8, 2013

Our child has been at Saint Rose since Pre-School and is now in Middle School. We have been so impressed with how well rounded her education has been. She is in Advanced Math and the work she is doing in Science reminds me of what we did in High School! Not to mention the other core subjects she is able to articulate and speak in front of her peers and adults with such confidence and ease. Faith is interwoven into all aspects of her day and she is a better student and friend because of it. The fact that the older kids have the opportunity to be mentors to the younger kids in the Spirit Partner Program gives the children the opportunity to be a good example. For the students at St. Rose It is cool to be smart and it is cool to be kind! We love this school!

Posted January 11, 2013

I have a Kindergartner at St. Rose. We started our son in the St. Rose preschool program and loved it, so we enrolled him for Kindergarten. He has been at St. Rose going on 3 years and we could not be happier. We have been delighted with the teachers, the curriculum as well as the St. Rose community. We feel blessed to have found this gem of a school.

Posted January 10, 2013

We currently have a kindergardener and a second grader enrolled at St. Rose. We did our homework prior to enrolling them and looked at both our local public schools and several catholic and private options. In my opinion, you cannot get a better all-around education for your money. The smaller class sizes allow the teachers to really know the students well and in both first and second grade, the academics have been tailored to my child. The teachers and prinicpal have been very receptive to any concerns and really want each child to succeed. My favorite thing about the school is the faith and values based education. The children REALLY care about each other. It makes me choke up a little when I think about how kind the "big kids" have been to my little ones on the bus and at school! Where else would a seventh grader regularly sit with a kindergardener on the bus? Awesome. Great extras - GREAT music curricula with really impressive christmas concert yearly. Gym 2-3 times a week. BRAND new computer lab and updated computer/"smart boards" in the classrooms. Lovely building. We are looking forward to more years at St. Rose and enrolling our now 3 and 1 year olds!

Posted January 1, 2013

We have one child in 6th grade at Saint Rose and one who graduated last year. Our journey over the last nine years at St. Rose has been very positive. We have transitioned through three principals which inevitably creates challenges, but due to the high caliber and professionalism of the faculty the quality of my children's education continues to be excellent. In addition my children have felt they are part of a family. The parent community is welcoming and supportive. My 9th grader was well-prepared for high school academically, but even more important had a strong moral compass upon graduating from Saint Rose.

Posted December 2, 2012

We have a PreK and a first grader. We tried the public school in the area last year for our fist grader (in Kindergarten) and started our other child in the PreK program at St Rose. We did not feel the sense of community at the public school that St Rose offered. Great teacher and parents that watch out for each other. My son did not want to go to school last year at the public school. When we asked what he did at school the answer was 'nothing'. Now he is up before his alarm and excited to go be a school. He is always talking about what he is learning. I highly recommend St Rose of Lima Catholic School.

Posted November 27, 2012

We have a third grader and a first grader. Both have been in the school since prekindergarten, and we have been pleased every year. The teachers are phenomenally dedicated, kind, and patient. The other parents are involved and diverse, and among them we have found our best friends. Other people in the school community (adults and older kids) "look out" for and help my kids when I'm not there; it feels like a family to me. The class sizes are small and our kids get lots of individual attention. My children are thriving academically and socially. They do service projects and field trips. My kids wake up every day excited and ready to go. All positive! Our family loves St. Rose of Lima!

Posted November 27, 2012

We have two children at Saint Rose and we have been a part of the school for 8 years. The teachers are outstanding! Their commitment, knowledge, and faith are top notch. The sense of community is above and beyond at Saint Rose. There are many ways to get involved. People know each other, they are their to help each other, and support the school. If you are looking for a faith-centered, quality education in an awesome community, Saint Rose is calling your name.

Posted November 27, 2012

We have a first grader and a 4 year old prekindergartener. I have been so pleased with St. Rose school! Both of my kids love school and report that their days are "awesome" on a regular basis. The teachers are amazing. They are dedicated to teaching a strong academic curriculum along with teaching our kids to be responsible and caring of others. I love the individual attention they get. My son is enrolled in the after school language program and loves that too. So glad we made the choice to attend St. Rose! We have also met some of our closest friends through the school and it's so nice to know others are 'watching out' for your child during the day.

Posted September 7, 2010

My child has had one year of preschool at St. Rose, and it was a great experience. I was very excited about the progress my child made over the year. I'd definitely recommend this preschool. The teacher is fantastic, and the environment is very warm and friendly. Looking fwd this year!

Posted March 5, 2010

We have had our children at St. Rose since PreSchool. We have been impressed by the strong academics, the dedication of the faculty and the incredibly strong parent involvment! This has made for a well rounded education for our children. We feel that they are going to be very well prepared for highschool.

Posted February 19, 2009

We have two children at St. Rose. One in 5th grade and one in 2nd. They have both gone to St. Rose since they started in kindergarten. It's true the parents are clicky and know each others business (too much) but what do you expect from a small school where all the parents are active in the school and participate in events? Like a family, you get to know too much about each other. The academic focus is around the basics. If you're looking for 3 hours of art class, this is the wrong school. If you're looking for respect from the students, teachers that care, parents that are involved, difficult homework for the kids, and a christian education....this is the best place. We've stayed in Roseville because of this school. One final note, measure the teachers, the education, and the kids -- not the principle (who cares?). A+ from us.

Posted September 23, 2008

Now that St Rose has a new principle, everything seems to have improved. What a differance! This is the way a school should be. Focus on strong academics, family, faith. Outstanding!

Posted February 1, 2008

The principal really cares about the students and the families and goes out of his way (on his free time) to get to know the parents. The academics are great, and the music and sports programs are really outstanding.

Posted November 8, 2007

i am very blessed that my son goes to St. Rose of Lima Catholic School in Roseville, MN 55113. We have tried 2 other private catholic schools around the area and finally we found St. Rose where as a parent I am very satisfied. My son has been going there since 2nd grade and he has been very happy and satisfied. He is now a happy 7th grader. The principal, all the teachers, and other school employees are very supportive and great. Academics are high standard, discipline is strict which I prefer and the teachers are very accomodating. I love the new principal who values faith and family first. I highly recommend this school to parents who would like a very good catholic education for their children. It is the best legacy or inheritance that they can leave to their children that no one can take away from them.

Posted September 7, 2007

New principal is a great leader and the teachers are fantastic! The academic standard is high, and my children have received and are receiving a great education. We have been exceptionally pleased with St Rose.

Posted June 4, 2007

This school has made some fantastic changes in the past year and is stronger than ever. We are very pleased with the school and would strongly recommend it.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2072 Hamline Avenue North