Roseville, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted October 17, 2014
Our children are in St. Rose and we have had nothing but great experiences. They are thriving academically, gaining confidence, and learning respect for themselves and others. The teaching staff at St. Rose is incredible: they are very invested in each child's success, and take the time to communicate well with parents. The community of families at St. Rose are very involved at the school, and we feel very confident in our children's safety and future growth. We looked at several area public and private schools before we chose St. Rose, and are extremely happy with our choice.

St Rose Of Lima Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
Too small, poor principal leadership. We changed schools (to another Catholic school) and feel much more challenged academically and the children are happier socially with at least 2 classes per grade. Also, bulling was a major issue at St Rose.

Posted April 29, 2014
I can confidently send my child to school every day knowing she will be safe, she will be loved, and the values we have worked so hard to instill in her will be encouraged. The school atmosphere encourages respect, calm, and happiness. I love the small class sizes. I know she won t be lost in the crowd and that she will get one-on-one attention from her teachers. I have always experienced excellent communication with teachers. I appreciate the updates and reports I receive each week in the Friday folder. I know I will be contacted if my child is struggling with something. At St. Rose I know there will be no surprises when we attend parent/teacher conferences. The teachers are easy to approach and always return calls or emails right away. I love that their middle school prepares students for high school. I like that they are on a separate floor learning new skills (i.e. changing classes, lockers) but they are still able to be part of the school community. This is a school that is open to all faiths. I like that it has the foundation of Christianity, but allows families and students to continue with their own spiritual journey.

Posted February 20, 2013
I have 3 children that attend Saint Rose. (2012-13- 7th, 6th, and 4th) They've attended since preschool with the exception of 1 year outside of Saint Rose. I tried the public school system for one year, and returned the children to Saint Rose. Saint Rose is more than a superb education. It is a community where everyone is interested in each child's well-being. The school has one camera monitored entrance which makes it a safe environment for the children. Spanish has been added to the curriculum and will be taught to every child during the 2013-2014 school year. I am so grateful that my children attend a school that not only gives them an excellent education, but also cares about their emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being.

Posted February 08, 2013
Our child has been at Saint Rose since Pre-School and is now in Middle School. We have been so impressed with how well rounded her education has been. She is in Advanced Math and the work she is doing in Science reminds me of what we did in High School! Not to mention the other core subjects she is able to articulate and speak in front of her peers and adults with such confidence and ease. Faith is interwoven into all aspects of her day and she is a better student and friend because of it. The fact that the older kids have the opportunity to be mentors to the younger kids in the Spirit Partner Program gives the children the opportunity to be a good example. For the students at St. Rose It is cool to be smart and it is cool to be kind! We love this school!

Posted January 11, 2013
I have a Kindergartner at St. Rose. We started our son in the St. Rose preschool program and loved it, so we enrolled him for Kindergarten. He has been at St. Rose going on 3 years and we could not be happier. We have been delighted with the teachers, the curriculum as well as the St. Rose community. We feel blessed to have found this gem of a school.

Posted January 10, 2013
We currently have a kindergardener and a second grader enrolled at St. Rose. We did our homework prior to enrolling them and looked at both our local public schools and several catholic and private options. In my opinion, you cannot get a better all-around education for your money. The smaller class sizes allow the teachers to really know the students well and in both first and second grade, the academics have been tailored to my child. The teachers and prinicpal have been very receptive to any concerns and really want each child to succeed. My favorite thing about the school is the faith and values based education. The children REALLY care about each other. It makes me choke up a little when I think about how kind the "big kids" have been to my little ones on the bus and at school! Where else would a seventh grader regularly sit with a kindergardener on the bus? Awesome. Great extras - GREAT music curricula with really impressive christmas concert yearly. Gym 2-3 times a week. BRAND new computer lab and updated computer/"smart boards" in the classrooms. Lovely building. We are looking forward to more years at St. Rose and enrolling our now 3 and 1 year olds!

St Rose Of Lima Elementary School 4

Posted January 01, 2013
We have one child in 6th grade at Saint Rose and one who graduated last year. Our journey over the last nine years at St. Rose has been very positive. We have transitioned through three principals which inevitably creates challenges, but due to the high caliber and professionalism of the faculty the quality of my children's education continues to be excellent. In addition my children have felt they are part of a family. The parent community is welcoming and supportive. My 9th grader was well-prepared for high school academically, but even more important had a strong moral compass upon graduating from Saint Rose.

Posted December 02, 2012
We have a PreK and a first grader. We tried the public school in the area last year for our fist grader (in Kindergarten) and started our other child in the PreK program at St Rose. We did not feel the sense of community at the public school that St Rose offered. Great teacher and parents that watch out for each other. My son did not want to go to school last year at the public school. When we asked what he did at school the answer was 'nothing'. Now he is up before his alarm and excited to go be a school. He is always talking about what he is learning. I highly recommend St Rose of Lima Catholic School.

Posted November 27, 2012
We have a third grader and a first grader. Both have been in the school since prekindergarten, and we have been pleased every year. The teachers are phenomenally dedicated, kind, and patient. The other parents are involved and diverse, and among them we have found our best friends. Other people in the school community (adults and older kids) "look out" for and help my kids when I'm not there; it feels like a family to me. The class sizes are small and our kids get lots of individual attention. My children are thriving academically and socially. They do service projects and field trips. My kids wake up every day excited and ready to go. All positive! Our family loves St. Rose of Lima!

St Rose Of Lima Elementary School
2072 Hamline Avenue North, Roseville, MN  55113
Last modified St Rose Of Lima Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Rose Of Lima Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top