2-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Our daughter started at Groves in 2016. She came from a top-rated suburban school. Because of her ADHD and anxiety she was bullied. That school made many promises. Even with their excellent track record they lacked the resources and didn't help with the specific needs of our little girl. Since she's been at Groves she's now thriving and is excited about being at school. Being in Minneapolis, we are so fortunate to have Groves here.

Groves Academy has given my daughter the tools to become a life long learner, and a successful self advocate. She has gone from a failing student in the traditional classroom; to a very successfull student in the college classroom setting while still in high school. Groves has given her the 'keys' that she needed to unlock her potential. Where others saw what she could not do, Groves Academy saw what she could do. Without Groves, we know that this outcome would not have been possible! Outstanding staff and teachers that believe in your student and help your student to believe in themselves. Our only regret is that we did not find Groves earlier in her school journey!

Groves is exceptional. The 1:8 teacher/student ratio provides very personalized, intentional education to each student. Our son's academic life has changed dramatically for the better, as has his confidence and self-esteem. Groves teachers create an individual teaching plan for each student based on the students learning gifts and differences.

My son goes to this school and it's excellent. He is in high school and the upper school teachers are awesome and really know how to work with kids who have ADHD and/or learning disabilities.

Groves has made a world of difference for my son. He has severe dyslexia and was falling through the cracks at his other school. This is his second year at Groves and I am amazed by the difference in attitude, confidence, desire to learn, and of course, reading. The teachers are caring and consistent from class to class - students are taught and given organizational skills that are best for the child, not what is easiest for the teacher. It was a difficult decision to send our son here considering the cost and the commute, but absolutely the best decision hands down. The Head of School is wonderful too - can't say enough positive things about him.

My son has dyslexia and has been at Groves for 2 1/2 years. We tried every therapy out there as well as different school situations. The only thing that has worked is Groves. He is doing great in school, loves school and learning. I have a different child. One with more confidence. A child who works hard and gets results. He says he can finally learn at Groves! We come from 45 minutes away and it's worth the drive. And, worth every penny spent on tuition.

This school will change your life! I know this because it did for me. I wouldn't be who I am and the dreams I have if it weren't for Groves. They truly saved my education and my life.

Groves Academy is a great school, coming from a person who has attended (grade 8-12) and graduated. This school caters to students who need a little extra attention due to a learning difference (ADHD etc). Even so, many of the students at this school are at or above average intelligence levels. The major downside to this school is the price tag ($19,000+ when I attended). Unfortunately, this school serves a small population of very wealthy families. But there are many scholarship options and financial assistance programs available, but nothing will cover the complete cost due to the number of students requesting aid. Apart from the cost, a seat for a student at Groves is highly sought after and there can be some competition for an open seat. The school is constantly expanding and offers a modern, engaging and high tech experience for the students. In addition, several children of well known people have also attended Groves Academy, the son of Kirby Puckett, the daughter or Garrison Keillor among others. Many families have also moved from other parts of the U.S. or even different countries so their children may attend this school.

i am a former upper school student of groves. i would have to say it was the worst experience i have ever had in schools. one of the teachers evan caled me anoying infront of the hole class. not to menchion her lack of any skills in teaching or tecnology.i also no that drugs are yoused by everyother student their aswell as constant harasment from them. not just to me but everyone. i also dident get any help when i was asked in 2 of my classes. i will say the teachers for health,pe,home ec,art, and science are very nice thoes are the only classes i felt the teachers were actualy trying to help me. the others it seamed dident want me around. i cant say anything for lower and middle school tho. i dont no if their the same or different.

This faculty and program helped my son achieve his full potential. Our family will be forever grateful.

Last modified Groves Academy is a Private school that serves grades 2-12