K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

From our experience we have seen the school work with many staff members to make this school successful not only for our child but the children in the class/school. Many kids have arrived at this school from negative past school experiences with hopes of better learning/achievement and having a better school experience. We feel from discussion with our child and other families at the school there is strong effort to help students develop these characteristics.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have taken the time to get to know our child and have individualized a plan where we see learning and growth developing during our practice at home in academics and socially.

We have been happy with our decision to leave the public school system. Our child now goes to school without worry, (able to wean anti-anxiety medication), is learning both academically and socially. A more individualized approach has been worked well for our child. Staff have been professional and it has been a team approach between home and school. Met many other parents too - great families.

If I could give a zero star I would. My Autistic 11 year old attended AOWL. I had to remove him. I full heartedly believe that this young school does not and cannot deliver it's mission statement. Expensive lesson, emotional & financial. Until the school replaces the Principal and her recruited friends, as well as changing it's functioning structure, this school will continue to leave many children behind. Never again. School of last resort, if you have $25K per year to burn...not quite a school of choice! Buyer beware.

There is nothing like this school in the entire metro! My children with autism are getting a top notch education that is tailored to their individual learning level while also being taught invaluable things like life skills and social skills. The small size of the classes allows for one-on-one instruction and it is one of the few places I have ever been where the entire staff from the receptionist to the classroom teachers to the administration totally "get" how to educate children on the autism spectrum. My kids are able to be themselves and I no longer worry about bullying or teasing. We also are thrilled to be able to access other services on site such as speech therapy and occupational therapy. Having everything center based is so helpful! Finally, my kids have loved being involved in the extra activities and sports the school offers such as basketball and flag football that is partnered with Special Olympics. We have had an overall awesome experience and my kids finally have made lasting friends thanks to this amazing school!

My School is great at keeping my son Happy. My son feels accepted and has learned that he is good at alot of things. My son is being taught at his instructional level so he feels very accomplished.

This is just a wonderful school! My daughter has been attending TWLS for two years now and she finally found a place where she fits in and can be herself! The teachers are very caring and understanding to the needs of each student. My daughter is no longer "the special needs student" she is an important part of a community which has done wonders for her self esteem and confidence!

Last modified Academy of Whole Learning is a Private school that serves grades K-12