7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I've been a parent of Hill-Murray students for the past seven years. The faculty and staff deliver on their promise every day that your child will be known, loved and respected. There are no other schools in this area that can tailor the academic and social experience to the needs of your student. The result of the academic rigor and co-curricular diversity are empowered graduates who are citizens of the world and who are motivated to take the next step on their life journey. Many graduates go to top colleges and excel. Almost 100% of graduates go on to four year universities. This is where good kids and good students become our future.

Hill-Murray School provides the best well-rounded experience for our children and we highly recommend the school. The importance of the rigorous curriculum, faith-based education, sports, clubs and service all contribute to building the whole student to become responsible leaders in the community. Hill-Murray provides a challenging and safe environment where all kids are "known, respected and loved".

Such a great school and the total package, definitely worth my money. The only problem is some teachers in the science department, they don't fulfill what I thought would be a helpful and unique learning style. My child always complained that her earth science teacher would not being willing to help and seemed very disorganized. My child was right. When I went to conferences, he had not a single interest in my child's education, he only spoke about his life before teaching and for a few minutes or so about how my child was doing. After talking with a few other parents, it seems my child and I weren't the only ones who weren't too fond of him.

As a parent of a recent graduate I have nothing but praise for Hill-Murray. The curriculum is rigorous and students are definitely challenged. Contrary to some perceptions, hockey is not the center of the universe at Hill. I am not the parent of a hockey player and I never once felt that this was the case. There are so many opportunities for students to shine and find their niche. The theatre department is top-notch, the ministry and service opportunities are fantastic and the teachers and staff and hard-working and dedicated. The families are committed and the alumni are very supportive of the school. Our experience has been wonderful and we love Hill- Murray.

I taught in the public schools for several yrs before HM. I had hoped that students would be more eager to learn than in my former (inner-city school.) I had hoped that we would be able to really delve into the content and have a great time learning. However, students (at least in my content area) are literally a year behind my former students. And they seem stunned when I give them homework over the weekend. (Usually it's not more than 20min. worth of work. I discovered a lot of gaps in knowledge that they should have learned. I've brought up my concerns to other colleges and admin, but no one seems very concerned about that. I feel it's a huge disservice to students to not teach them more quality content, and not to help them reach their full potential. For the most part staff is nice, and some of the kids are nice too, but I'm disappointed. I had hoped for a more educational environment. I truly feel that the school is more concerned with maintaining a good hockey team than academics (esp. considering they cancel full days of class to go to games). I can only speak for my department/subject though. I hope other departments are more rigorous.

I am a recent alum from Hill and I am very proud to say that my future is brighter than I ever imagined. I am currently working on my studies in Germany and I feel very prepared but I miss the dedication that my old teachers had! I will never forget at graduation, walking out to be greeted by all my teachers since middle school. I felt so emotional, Hill-Murray is a very special place! Hill-Murray will always be my second home!!!!

Great experience overall. Great extracurriculars that offer something for every child - not just the athletes. Giving back to the community is not only lip service, it is a graduation requirement. It is faith-based Catholic, but positive and welcoming to all. The school continues to move forward through improvements to buildings and investment in science and technology.

Hill-Murray is beyond exceptional in preparing students for life after high school. Being in college now, I feel incredibly prepared in all course subjects, as well as prepared to live life away from home. Hill-Murray teachers really care about the well-being of their students and are extremely dedicated to their work. I will forever love Hill-Murray!

This is my first year at Hill-Murray. I was instantly welcomed upon coming to Hill. The students, and staff make you feel right at home. Not only are the sports here outstanding, but the teachers dedication to teach. Academically, Hill-Murray has taught and prepared me for the future. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else! It is a great school.

Excellent school! We have one there now and will have 2 more, I wish my oldest would have gone, hind sight :(

Last modified Hill Murray School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12