Saint Paul, MN

Posted July 30, 2014
Such a great school and the total package, definitely worth my money. The only problem is some teachers in the science department, they don't fulfill what I thought would be a helpful and unique learning style. My child always complained that her earth science teacher would not being willing to help and seemed very disorganized. My child was right. When I went to conferences, he had not a single interest in my child's education, he only spoke about his life before teaching and for a few minutes or so about how my child was doing. After talking with a few other parents, it seems my child and I weren't the only ones who weren't too fond of him.

Posted June 11, 2014
As a parent of a recent graduate I have nothing but praise for Hill-Murray. The curriculum is rigorous and students are definitely challenged. Contrary to some perceptions, hockey is not the center of the universe at Hill. I am not the parent of a hockey player and I never once felt that this was the case. There are so many opportunities for students to shine and find their niche. The theatre department is top-notch, the ministry and service opportunities are fantastic and the teachers and staff and hard-working and dedicated. The families are committed and the alumni are very supportive of the school. Our experience has been wonderful and we love Hill- Murray.

Hill Murray School 2

Posted May 31, 2014
I taught in the public schools for several yrs before HM. I had hoped that students would be more eager to learn than in my former (inner-city school.) I had hoped that we would be able to really delve into the content and have a great time learning. However, students (at least in my content area) are literally a year behind my former students. And they seem stunned when I give them homework over the weekend. (Usually it's not more than 20min. worth of work. I discovered a lot of gaps in knowledge that they should have learned. I've brought up my concerns to other colleges and admin, but no one seems very concerned about that. I feel it's a huge disservice to students to not teach them more quality content, and not to help them reach their full potential. For the most part staff is nice, and some of the kids are nice too, but I'm disappointed. I had hoped for a more educational environment. I truly feel that the school is more concerned with maintaining a good hockey team than academics (esp. considering they cancel full days of class to go to games). I can only speak for my department/subject though. I hope other departments are more rigorous.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am a recent alum from Hill and I am very proud to say that my future is brighter than I ever imagined. I am currently working on my studies in Germany and I feel very prepared but I miss the dedication that my old teachers had! I will never forget at graduation, walking out to be greeted by all my teachers since middle school. I felt so emotional, Hill-Murray is a very special place! Hill-Murray will always be my second home!!!!

Posted September 17, 2013
Great experience overall. Great extracurriculars that offer something for every child - not just the athletes. Giving back to the community is not only lip service, it is a graduation requirement. It is faith-based Catholic, but positive and welcoming to all. The school continues to move forward through improvements to buildings and investment in science and technology.

Posted September 17, 2013
Hill-Murray is beyond exceptional in preparing students for life after high school. Being in college now, I feel incredibly prepared in all course subjects, as well as prepared to live life away from home. Hill-Murray teachers really care about the well-being of their students and are extremely dedicated to their work. I will forever love Hill-Murray!

Posted February 10, 2013
This is my first year at Hill-Murray. I was instantly welcomed upon coming to Hill. The students, and staff make you feel right at home. Not only are the sports here outstanding, but the teachers dedication to teach. Academically, Hill-Murray has taught and prepared me for the future. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else! It is a great school.

Posted January 21, 2013
Excellent school! We have one there now and will have 2 more, I wish my oldest would have gone, hind sight :(

Hill Murray School 1

Posted July 21, 2009
Spend your money elseware. I wish they put as much effort into the classroom as they do the hockey team. The math and science department are not good. The administration isolates itself from problems. Hill Murray needs to focus on the education more. It seems that has become secondary to them.

Posted June 21, 2009
Amazing school with the best hockey program in the state. (and probably country, too) If you live in the east metro and can go there, go there!! And go Pioneers. Probably tghe best school in the state, athletically and academically.

Hill Murray School