Friends School Of Minnesota 3

Posted March 20, 2014
It all depends... the school has no resources for kids who are challenged in learning or learn differently. In fact, the administration is consistently resistant to efforts to provide them. They also seem to have no sensitivity to one parent families. If your kid is mainstream and whitebread, it's a good school for you. But I have an ethical problem with supporting a school that doesn't embrace all kids. It's the classic private school: if they aren't perfect we don't want 'em here, or we'll be happy just to push them through and let them fall behind.

Posted June 27, 2013
Friends School of MN has been like a school heaven on Earth for our children. After experiencing various other schools- Montessori, public, gifted, and outdoor schools, this school pretty much seems to have it right. A holistic, develop,entally appropriate approach to teaching children where they are, not as adults wish the we're. The school is intellectual, outdoorsy, hands-on, and embodies respect toward children, parents, teachers and all who come through its doors. Quaker values imbue this school with a very conscientious moral approach toward relationships with all people. The teachers and staff are bright and dedicated. Everyone seems pretty happy here. I know my daughters have almost never complained about anything they've encountered in a given school day. And that's saying a lot. We are extremely happy with this school.

Posted March 14, 2012
I came to appreciate FSM most after my daughter graduated and started high school. She was far better prepared for all of her classes than most others. The individual attention from teachers that she received at Friends helped her to grow in her knowledge, skills, and conceptualization of complex material. More than just the academics, though, FSM promotes healthy relationships between the students and with teachers and staff. This lays a solid foundation for the next steps.

Posted July 08, 2010
FSM is a wonderful school. It has a very diverse population,i.e. students, parents and staff. My son really enjoys going to school. His academic skills and self confidence have soared. He beleives the staff and students are there to share and help everyone.

Posted November 04, 2009
Diversity of student body, strong orientation toward peace and teaching peaceful conflict resolution.

Friends School Of Minnesota 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Amazing rapport between teachers and students, dedication to creating a welcoming place for all young people, focus on peace and justice. Creating self-confidence and teamwork.

Friends School Of Minnesota 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Friends School is a nurturing, positive environment. The entire staff focuses on educating the whole child--academically, socially, and physically. The Friends School provides children with a warm and loving community. FSM's Quaker values impart the values of simplicity and social justice to children of all religious and non-religious backgrounds. All of the teachers know not only my child who attends FSM, but also my preschooler, by name. It is such a warm and loving place, with students who are joyful and motivated learners. FSM teaches children to learn with wonder and develop with a sense of justice and community which will help them grow into wonderful productive adults.

Posted July 13, 2009
FSMN is a really wonderful school. Kids learn to love learning and to be responsible for their learning. we have found the schools' real strengths to be in writing, speaking, presenting skills, but science and quantitative skills are improving thoughout the school. FSm will get new music and art specialists this year, demonstrating the school's commitment to strengthening these areas as well. One of the biggest strenghts at FSM is that kids learn to be effective advocates for themselves not only with other kids but with the adults, who treat them as people worthy of respect. FSM takes its committment to providing a peaceful environment seriously, and while kids are kids and some teasing remains, the school really works to provide a healthy learning environment. Last note--the Physical education program is terrific! Kids of all ability levels are encouraged to get fit, learn about their bodies, and find activities they enjoy!

Posted July 13, 2009
I went to FSM 6th to 8th grade. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to go to a place every day where I didn't have to worry about many of the things I worried about at other schools. Class sizes, teacher to student time, and in general feeling comfortable with being myself.

Posted July 10, 2009
FSM (despite the rather embarrassing name) was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It's one of the few schools that teach the students how to be good people with fulfilling lives instead of just teaching what they're required to and moving on to the next person standing in line. They taught us to accept people for who they are no matter how quirky and left us with friends we'll have forever. It was my home-away-from-home for almost a decade.

Friends School Of Minnesota
1365 Englewood Avenue, Saint Paul, MN  55104
Last modified Friends School Of Minnesota is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Friends School Of Minnesota Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.