Bad
Good

I feel that this school is very unorganized. From the start when I register my kids I had three different staffs calling me asking for the same info that I had just provided when I registered my kids. When we moved and asked for new transportation and for them to notify me I had to follow up with them and yet did not hear back from anyone of them but then my kids got new bus transportation info that very same day. I mean come on are you that afraid to get back to a parent. Just now I was told that they are going to drop transportation for my kids the last minute after all the busing info has been sent, all school uniforms has been bought and school supplies and now I have to go through all the craziness to find my kids a new school that will provide transportation, buy school supplies that we don't have and the one that we have that they won't need will just go to waste and of course I can't return any uniforms because the tags are all ripped off and clothes washed. I have been hoping that this school will prove me wrong from time to time but it hasn't and would never recommend any parents to send their kids there. The only one good thing as to why I kept my kids there was that because it was very easy for them to fit in and make friends but after this issue that was it, they have not proven anything and will always be a big disappointment. I will be sending my kids to a better educational school.

Fantastic School! I am so glad to have all of my children to go to this school because they teach the children from their hearts. The staff in the front throughout all of the executives in this wonderful school are so kind and respectful towards my feelings. The children are so polite towards one another. I will recommend for parents that want their children to have a peaceful learning experience to send them to this school. I will like to also share that Hmong Prep teaches the children with the latest technologies to advance them more towards their future.

Human resources at Hmong Academy is not unreasonable, HCPA screens its teachers very carefully. I was required to come in three times, and also to teach a practice lesson. It is a good idea to apply to this school if you have a sweet spirit and are ready to serve. If you do not, you should go elsewhere. Teachers work very hard at this school. I am a former 6th grade teacher, and I thought the hiring process was fine.

The HR management is screwed up. I applied and applied. Was told the position was closed, BUT only to find out they WERE still hiring. I finally got a call, and there was SO many steps to go through. Especially the role playing? Are you kidding me? It's a total WASTE of my time. The Human Resource department is very unorgainzed and they don't know what they're doing. DO NOT APPLY AT THIS SCHOOL!

My children and I had a tour with this school. It was well presented and high expectation. This year I will send my children and hopefully they're being challenged. I believe education is important with high honor classes. I hope my oldest son will have the opportunity to attend post-secondary school. I hope my 2nd child will be taking higher classes. My second one, no ESL even though we speak our second language. I hope this is good.

Since attending HA my child has seen leadership from a Hmong woman as her role model which was not present in any other school she had attended in the past. My child's teacher expects and encourages her to do well and succeed. She understands the importance and value of higher education. My only complaint is that since the girls there have little interest in sports the options are slim. I have my daughter in external extracurricular activities.

Hmong Academy has implemented many new changes that not only addresses the concerns of the June 19 post but also the claims that the teacher made. My child used to have attendance and behavior issues when at other mainstream schools. Since coming to HA, she has improved her grades and her attitude. I have seen the work that the teachers do at the school and I guarantee you that the teacher who posted the comment didn't care about the students or the school. My daughter will be graduating this year and I haven't seen this level of commitment anywhere else. The 'college' program the school has now has my daughter 'wanting' to come to school. Rather than 'I'm bored' from my daughter, I get more information that I ever had before. Lastly, the teachers who are at Hmong Academy now, are committed and see my daughter as their own family!

This school means well but discipline is poorly enforced. The director of the school does not get involved with discipline excpet int eh case of serious physical fights. Attendance is poor, and the school does not subscribe to an automated call system for absent students. At a teacher conference, twice I was visited by parents who had no idea their child had not been attending for a period of several (on the order of 10) weeks. As a teacher, when I brought up attendance issues, I was told that this was my problem for not making lessons interesting enough. It was not until the end of the year that I realized that the students skipping my class were often gone for the entire day, not just my (6th) hour.

Last modified Hmong College Prep Academy High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.