Posted May 02, 2014
My son goes to school at St. John's and he loves it! The teachers and the principal are truly amazing. The academics are outstanding, the teaching of values and morals are important to us as parents and this school does an excellent job! I am so thankful to be a part of the St. John's family!

St John The Baptist Catholic School 1

Posted March 22, 2014
One teacher can make all the difference - good or bad. In our case, it was the latter that prompted us to leave St. John's. It took several months in a new school for our child to recover from the emotion and psychological damage this one teacher had wrought while our child attended St. Johns. Thankfully, and for the sake of future students, this teacher has left the school, but not before having fooled a great number of people into believing that she was competent and skilled enough to work with young minds. As mentioned in a few previous posts, we also found a great deal of physical and emotional bullying among students, but there again, it starts with how a teacher manages the classroom and appropriately addresses the situation. It also matters greatly how a teacher treats the students, and in our case, we had a teacher who was abominable-towards both myself as a parent as well as towards my child. If you are looking for a truly caring and enriching learning environment for your child, a better choice, we have found, has been St. Michaels in Prior Lake. Great teachers and staff, and an overall warmer and more welcoming environment.

Posted June 19, 2013
St. John the Baptist Catholic School is an outstanding school with excellence in education as well as catholic faith and teaching skills to succeed in life. The teachers are kind and attentive to students needs. The school supports timely technology improvements with a rapidly changing IT world. My children are very happy at SJB and have many quality friends with good manners and morals, reinforced while they are at school. I highly recommend St. John the Baptist school for any student. I have also enjoyed many hours volunteering and I have gotten to know many children of all ages, as well as their parents. This has been a wonderful experience.

Posted June 17, 2013
St. John the Baptist Cathoic School is a fantastic place to send your children! Both of my kids went to school there and received an excellent education. They were well prepared for high school both academically and socially. They have a sound moral and spiritual foundation because of attending this wonderful school and parish.

Posted June 14, 2013
I love St. John's School! The Principal and teachers are amazing. The Principal is responsive, prompt and fair. The teachers are creative, caring but firm. They offer great guidance and education. We are so pleased with our children's experience and can't say enough about St. John's. Our kids are both athletes. We loved their coaches, especially volleyball and basketball. Their coaches took our children's teams to the next level. Great experience all around!

Posted June 14, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My daughter has attended since 2nd grade and will be in 7th grade this year. My daughter has been challenged in both academics and extra curriculum activities. Teachers at the school do their best to see students succeed. Also the school offers a variety of family oriented events. We love this school and more importantly my daughter loves this school.

Posted June 10, 2013
As a parent, I have had many opportunities to volunteer at St. John's over the years and have met so many caring, involved, and motivated parents along the way. I am often blown away by the parent's response to a need for volunteers and donations, and by the administration's willingness to provide so many great service opportunities for the kids. Volunteering and service are a big part of what makes St. John's a great school.

St John The Baptist Catholic School 3

Posted May 23, 2013
I have to agree with others that the school seems to be very strong academically. However, if your student has to struggle with other problems at the school, they will not be able to focus on the academics anyway. I think the parents are ruining the school. They treat newcomers as outsiders. There are groups of mother's with apparently nothing else to do but meet and gossip and spread untrue rumors that are harmful in so many ways to a child--small children. Does this seem like an environment based on Catholic values? I think not. What a poor example to set for your own children. And of course, the school relies on volunteers. For our family as well as another we know, we have volunteered only to be turned down by other parents running the show who don't want to let others participate, and tell us we are not needed; I'm guessing the administration isn't even aware this is happening.

Posted March 07, 2013
We toured many different public and private schools south of the river to find a school for our two children. We decided on St. John's 3 years ago and are very happy with our decision. The teachers develop a one-on-one relationship with the children and ensure they are academically challenged. Our daughter struggled with reading and we were notified in Kindergarten almost at once that she would need help. The help is there! Not only are we happy from an academic standpoint, the values that are instilled at school are imperative even more today. We appreciate how compassionate our children have grown to become. They are not spared with the tragedies our world if facing today, but educated and advised on how to make it a better place with the support of God and a desire to learn. To comment on the note below, I volunteer at the school often and at no time have I seen or heard of any type of bullying.

Posted January 22, 2013
St. John s is such a welcoming community. I love knowing my children are in a respectful environment that focuses on values and encourages learning. I feel there is a genuine partnership between teachers and parents.

St John The Baptist Catholic School
12508 Lynn Avenue, Savage, MN  55378
Last modified St John The Baptist Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John The Baptist Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top