No rating

Shakopee Area Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 862 students

Living in Shakopee

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $172,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted November 21, 2013

We had a fair to negative experience at SACS. A large majority of the staff have themselves on a high pedestal and possess a sense of entitlement. I volunteered often and overall, the atmosphere in this school is not the best. I heard on more than one occasion, teachers putting students down, followed with an eye roll. There is a tight "clique" among some staff, including the principal, and you will not be treated the same unless you are "in" with them. The principal has a strong aversion to conflict resolution and does not deal well with parents unless they are wealthy or athletic, otherwise you will not be worth his time. There is a strong sense of resentment and tension between the Paras and teachers. The office staff is not welcoming, but make you feel like you are intruding on their private gossip session when you walk into the office. Most importantly, the curriculum is inadequate. Here our child was in "high" math, but in public school, struggled to catch up. Prices increase so much each year that it is not affordable anymore. Class sizes are NOT 17, they average around 26 students. The "president" is rude, unapproachable and rarely smiles. There is a lot to be desired here.

Posted December 18, 2012

The environment of this school is wonderful, but the education is not. I went to SACS preschool-eighth grade and then went to Shakopee Public Schools. I really regret not leaving SACS my 7th grade year and so do a lot of my friends. We were behind in many classes and just unprepared when we attended the shakopee junior high. SACS is lacking in their education, a lot. Especially in mathematics.

Posted November 21, 2012

Best School in Twin Cities. Both my boys attended and would highly recommend. Take a tour. Check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Posted October 20, 2009

I currently have three children at SACS. We have over eight years' experience with the school. The staff has always been professional, responsive and personable. I'm pleased with the school's academics, values, leadership, and as of recent years, extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, music and service opportunities.

Posted September 17, 2008

My child has been going to SACS for three years now and we love it. My child had problems with bullies too, and it was brought to Mr. Briemhorst attention and the problems was fixed.

Posted March 16, 2008

While on the surface SACS seems like a good school, it has been a huge disapointment for our family. This year the children in 7th grade had only 1/2 a year of L.A. Plus, if these kids were in band they missed every other day of LA. The kids also have science twice a day in the second semester. When my son attended this school, he had a hard time with all the bullies. It was brought to both teachers and the principal, Mr. Briemhorst. We feel that the staff did not handle the situations properly.

Posted January 25, 2008

I have 2 girls at SACS and LOVE the school. Lots of parent involvement, volunteer opportunities for parents and children, great values, personable, friendly, and caring administration and teachers. Good relationship with the public schools in Shakopee for middle school students. Good academic environment. Cindy Justice, parent

Posted October 25, 2005

I beleive that the greatness of a school starts at the top with a principal that takes responsibility and is not afraid to say it like it is. Diane Lee, SACS principal is exactly that. I beleive she truly cares about the well being of my two children and that she is willing to to whatever in her power to help them to be successful acedemically and in life. SACS is a wonderful school

Posted September 9, 2003

SACS is a wonderful school. I have two children attending and both love it. They like the teachers and staff. The staff is always very available for you or your children. You are not a number to them. They get to know you! Everyone is treated equal here and my children are learning! I credit their school for creating such wonderful little people.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2700 17th Avenue East