PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have three children at Shakopee Area Catholic School and we love the school. The class sizes are considerable smaller than the public schools in town. The community atmosphere is wonderful. This is the small supportive learning environment I want for my kids which can be hard to find in a large metro area.

We had a fair to negative experience at SACS. A large majority of the staff have themselves on a high pedestal and possess a sense of entitlement. I volunteered often and overall, the atmosphere in this school is not the best. I heard on more than one occasion, teachers putting students down, followed with an eye roll. There is a tight "clique" among some staff, including the principal, and you will not be treated the same unless you are "in" with them. The principal has a strong aversion to conflict resolution and does not deal well with parents unless they are wealthy or athletic, otherwise you will not be worth his time. There is a strong sense of resentment and tension between the Paras and teachers. The office staff is not welcoming, but make you feel like you are intruding on their private gossip session when you walk into the office. Most importantly, the curriculum is inadequate. Here our child was in "high" math, but in public school, struggled to catch up. Prices increase so much each year that it is not affordable anymore. Class sizes are NOT 17, they average around 26 students. The "president" is rude, unapproachable and rarely smiles. There is a lot to be desired here.

The environment of this school is wonderful, but the education is not. I went to SACS preschool-eighth grade and then went to Shakopee Public Schools. I really regret not leaving SACS my 7th grade year and so do a lot of my friends. We were behind in many classes and just unprepared when we attended the shakopee junior high. SACS is lacking in their education, a lot. Especially in mathematics.

Best School in Twin Cities. Both my boys attended and would highly recommend. Take a tour. Check it out. You will not be disappointed.

I currently have three children at SACS. We have over eight years' experience with the school. The staff has always been professional, responsive and personable. I'm pleased with the school's academics, values, leadership, and as of recent years, extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, music and service opportunities.

My child has been going to SACS for three years now and we love it. My child had problems with bullies too, and it was brought to Mr. Briemhorst attention and the problems was fixed.

While on the surface SACS seems like a good school, it has been a huge disapointment for our family. This year the children in 7th grade had only 1/2 a year of L.A. Plus, if these kids were in band they missed every other day of LA. The kids also have science twice a day in the second semester. When my son attended this school, he had a hard time with all the bullies. It was brought to both teachers and the principal, Mr. Briemhorst. We feel that the staff did not handle the situations properly.

I have 2 girls at SACS and LOVE the school. Lots of parent involvement, volunteer opportunities for parents and children, great values, personable, friendly, and caring administration and teachers. Good relationship with the public schools in Shakopee for middle school students. Good academic environment. Cindy Justice, parent

Last modified Shakopee Area Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8