Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
ED Williams is a wonderful, community-based school. Our kids went there for 4 years and I really can't say enough about the principal, teaching staff and special education instructors. They are dedicated to the academic performance of the kids but also there development as individuals both socially and emotionally. The parents are fabulous and the school is a warm community. Their CARES program is excellent, and the kids are great. As a mom with a special needs child, I can also say their IEP process if amazing. No more tears, and my child is now pretty much at grade level performance. If you're looking for a school that educates the whole child and values individuals and community, EDW is for you. I am so sad relocating is taking us away from here. I hope our new school can live up to our expectations from EDW.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 23, 2016
Thank you for all the great work you have done at EDW! Learning is both academic and social, and the community for parents is fabulous.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 23, 2016
The performance improvements of both my kids reflect this as well as their personal growth. Having one with special needs, I'm very proud of my son's success. EDW helped him reach grade level performance.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Focus is placed on developing your skills and trying new things. Students are encouraged to academically reach their best as well as socially.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
See my previous comments on CARES program. Absolutely--better than any other school I've seen. Compassion and empathy are part of everyday at school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
EDW's CARES program is wonderful. All the kids know it and live it every day. They talk about it all the time and kids receive CARES recognition cards for showing these traits. It's a wonderful way to positively encourage compassionate treatment of all kids in school.

Posted May 12, 2015
My son is finishing his first year at Edw. We couldn't be happier with the teachers and leadership there. So far 5 stars. Highly recommend.

Posted January 27, 2015
EDW Is an amazing school. Teachers and administrators are very engaged in student success (both emotionally and intellectually). There is great open communication and the school values of caring, assertion, responsibility, empathy and self control are woven into everything students and teachers do. As someone who works in many schools in neighboring districts I know we have something special at EDW. It's a wonderful community with amazing teachers, parents, students, and administrators all dedicated to the success of all students. We love this school!

Williams Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2015
My children have gone to EDW since preschool (5 years now). Couldn't be happier with the school. Very engaged principle who knows every child by name. Love the small size giving me a chance to know most of the other children and the teachers. I'm sorry another parent had an issue with bullying. When there were incidents involving two of my children the school stepped in immediately. They didn't just say it wasn't allowed. They also set up times for both the parents and children to meet to work it out. If I could improve anything with EDW, it would be smaller classroom sizes and exposure to a second language.

Williams Elementary School 1

Posted November 10, 2014
this school has a high tolerance for bullying. The teachers talk way too much about there personal info in front the students. They're irresponsible and don't pay attention to the children's needs. I say run for the hills from this school!

955 West County Rd D, Shoreview, MN  55126
Last modified Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.