Posted September 09, 2014
Great school with great teachers. All of my kids have went here and love it.

Posted March 16, 2014
Kaposia is a great school. I'm a parent of a 1st grader there and I have been actively involved with volunteering at the school. I'm amazed at the dedication of the staff. They are a very solid group of warm individuals. I feel very secure with my child there knowing how well the staff interacts with the kids and their daily routines. The Principal has most all the students (nearly 1000) names memorized. He engages with them in activities, promotes the IB learner profiles, and really takes the time to listen to them. All the staff does. The fact that this school has a 3 of 10 rating right now leaves me a gasp! Parents love this school, the staff loves this school and the kids, even though would rather be in front of their favorite video games, love being here. Take time to consider the reviews from people whom might not have much engagement with the school themselves as not having good info to offer. If your moving to the area and want to find out more about Kaposia, or your considering switching schools, I deeply encourage you to contact the Kaposia office. Let them know your interested in the school and want to know more. They will be very helpful in answering questions.

Kaposia Education Center Elementary 1

Posted March 10, 2014
I went to this school when I was young. It was terrible. I did not get the help I needed and they ostracized me and other children that they thought were "not suited". I have little cousins who go there now, who say the same exact thing. This school needs to work on building a better community and look into "leave no child behind".

Posted June 10, 2012
I love Kaposia!!! I have never had any bad experiences. My son was bullied on the playground and within 8 hours there results. He also has ADHD and the school is always understanding and patient with him. Very open and the communication is always open. We've been attending Kaposia since 2007.

Kaposia Education Center Elementary 1

Posted April 19, 2012
My child attended this school from kindergarten-2nd grade. There are many thins thaat can be worked on by the leadership of this school. They allow teachers to use humiliation as a form of discipline, create rules that are not communicated to parents, cannot offer advanced/gifted student testing or a program, allow teachers to provide completely false or inflated feedback to parents. My child was refused the right to go to the bathroom 3 times during gym class. Consequently, extensively wet their pants in front of the entire class.I would not recommend the current leadership of this school.

Posted January 25, 2011
My granddaughter goes there and she likes it very much. My neighbors think it is a great school also. To bad the school is getting over crowded because the people in Inver Grove are sending them there instead of their own school district. That must tell you something, if Inver Grove students are going there instead of their own schools.

Posted August 31, 2010
Kaposia Education Center is a great school. My daughter has attended Kaposia since 1st grade and is now starting 4th grade. The teachers have been wonderful and very supportive. My only complaint is that no programs are available for gifted students. My daughter complains that the work is too easy. Her teacher for third grade did a wonderful job of giving her more challenging school work and homework. I would recommend the school.

Posted July 13, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009
We are grandparents raising a grandson who came to live with us in the 4th grade. Our grandson had attended Kaposia since preschool. He had some behavior issues, acting out because of the emotional time he was going through. We kept the lines of communication open with the teachers and staff, and they couldn't have been more supportive. In my opinion, for the most part, teachers and especially the principal, fully understand they are working with children, not adults, and do not try to resolve children's issues using adult remedies. Note: Our grandson also experienced bullying on the playground as someone else mentioned, and I would like to see 'zero tolerance' addressed so the bully is disciplined, not the victim as well; sends the wrong message. School has very friendly and inviting atmosphere. Highly rated elementary education overall.

Kaposia Education Center Elementary
1225 1st Ave South, South St. Paul, MN  55075
Last modified Kaposia Education Center Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kaposia Education Center Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top