Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter is in her second year at park terrace and she has had awesome teachers. They definitely allow her to learn at her own pace but encourage her to do her best and be a successful part of society. They allow each student to be who they are and don't force them to conform to some standard idea of who they should be. I have watched her reading and language skills improve greatly. And she loves her teachers and classmates.

My daughter went to Park Terrace and she had a very good experience. She is a good student and they gave her ample opportunity to learn ar her own pace, which was really good. The school expanded a couple of years ago, so there are more kids in it now, which I am sure makes it a bigger challenge to keep everyone happy. When my daughter was there, they seemed to stress that bullying is not acceptable and gets seemed to get along very well from what I could telL.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Daughter was here from K thru 3rd grade and never had a teacher she did not like. 2 of them retired after teaching her class though.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Anti bullying messages and children saying hi to each other during open house events. Children seem to enjoy being t

There is so many things wrong with this school I don't know where to start. From the lack of caring about all students to not following there own plan of action and setting the student up to fail so they don't have to take a child on field trip. My son is 3rd grader has been bullied his entire 3rd grade year and it took a 1st grader ( his brother) to finally get some attention. if he wasn't a 3rd grade I would remove both of my children immediately.

Honestly i would not give this school any stars. The first day of school they lost my child placing her on the wrong bus where niether the school or bus people knew where she was luvky for us the daycare the dropped her at realized she didnt belong there and after 2.hours i finally got her home thanks to the daycate calling the bus company. Then they overstep there place and do things without speaking to me today they took it apon themselve to cut my childs nails.( unbelievable) shes a girl and for some reason her teacher somehow thinks long nails affect her learning. Needless to say i will be going to this school they have issues. There is plenty motr negitive but im sure you get the point.

My son has been being bullied on the bus for months. I have received one call back about the issue. A few weeks ago I called about an incident on the bus involving my son getting hit and I have yet to get a call back or an update on the situation. It happened again since and it's nearly impossible to get ahold of the dean. Both the school officials and bus drivers need better training on behavioral issues and bullying. The only kid getting punished is my son, who has assigned seating while the other kids roam freely.

This school needs teachers better trained in dealing with behavioral issues and special needs of special ed students. They do not understand my child at all, and my child's behaviors, have become intensley worse since startign this school. THey call me at work for every behavior to come get my child and then my child is rewarded for bad behavior by going home. I have told them she acts up so she can get out of school, but they do not listen at all. Needs are not being met. We will be going to a different school next year, whe nshe enters 3rd grade, rather than remain at Park Terrace.

I am so impressed with this school! My daughter loved it, and so did we as a family. Her teachers were fantastic, she learned SO much, and we love the PTA and its events! We are also very impressed with Principal Hagberg.

The teachers here are very responsive and are trained to use many tools to help students be successful. The principal is exceptional in attending to the instruction (and discipline) and is available to parents.

Last modified Park Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.