Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

In my opinion it honestly depends on the person you are talking to some people have integrity, honestness, and fairness but most lack them.

I feel that my school is terrible because of that there are so many kids smoking e-cigs, using drugs, some kids are sometimes high, the food is terrible I got some grass in my food, a rotten apple with mold growing in it, one of my friends got currdled milk and some of the teaches say this is just for the money, but there are some really good teachers, the iPads and MacBooks are terrible they made us less productive most kids just play games and when we got the MacBooks they didn't even bother to teach us how to us them, they also told us to put our information and documents onto iCloud and the MacBooks can't even use iCloud the emails on most of them are also broke too. a concerned student

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Spring lake park lots fight students a I pads for students who not help support students Ed special teams and going centennial high school , Centennial high school Ed special having students play with team sports floor hockey team and basketball team Best school centennial high school

Spring lake park lots fight and I hate I pads for students who not help support for students ED special student to get centennial high school and helps support student Ed special teams in the centennial high school players football team and have nice day

Send your kid to a different school if you can help it. Staff is rude and focuses more on why you are using the bathroom in the first 10 minutes of class than bullying issues. Superintendent won't cancel school even if its -25 with the windchill and not even if the road conditions are unsafe. The price for a parking pass is outrageous and for what reason? I'm not sure considering our parking lots barely every get plowed or attended to. We don't have a homecoming dance or snodaze dance. Just prom which half the school can't even attend. We don't have unique or fun class choices. By my Junior year I had pretty much taken every class that even remotely interested me. The school drops classes just to save money even though a large number of students sign up for them. We don't have a cheerleading squad. The athletic director is very rude and unless you're an athletic, he looks at you like you're scum on the bottom of his shoe. We no longer have counselors. They were replaced by what are now called deans. There is one assigned for each group of students based on last names. They are always so busy, it is impossible to talk with them or have a meeting with them unless you have a quick chat in the hallway. Classes are very large and over crowded. School lunches are absolutely terrible. Half the stuff they serve I sometimes wonder if its legal to serve to us. (And I'm not over exaggerating. I've found so much raw chicken in my meals its not even funny.) This school is very clichey and is run based upon how athletic you are and how popular you are. If you don't play sports, then you are a nobody. This school won't do the pledge of allegiance unless the students complain or protest. So send your kids to Blaine or Centennial if you can.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The only students who are rewarded are the unruly and violent ones. The good ones are ignored, and the unruly are empowered.

No teaching due to uncontrollable behaviors. Administration allows not only severe bullying, chaos everywhere, but also violence to both teachers and students. Teachers beg for support from administration, but instead administrators ask what the teachers do that are causing students to act as such. Run from this district if you either are considering this district or have children enrolled in it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Not safe for anyone. Administration is the worste I've ever seen. Bullying is not only tolerated but supported with rewards and coddling even those who are violent. Not even the teachers are safe, let alone students. There is no teaching going on here, only behavior control by teachers who have no support from administration.

Small community district in the city. The teachers are enthusiastic, the newer developments have infused the district with a renewed tax base. The campus is recently remodeled. Athletics are competitive and the student body supportive. The music department boasts that 1 in 4 students plays an instrument. The theatre department is large and puts on 3 major productions a year. The enrollment is both diverse economically and ethnically. Our kids are in honors courses and also a few CP.

I have been here for a year and it was soo bad that I went back to my other school for good. The kids there are jerks and its hard to fit in that school. The teachers were alright. Honestly thus school just goes easy on the kids and no punishment for tardiness or inappropriate clothing. And kids in class can have their phones laying on front of their desks without anybody caring any other school would tell you to put it away. I would not recomennd this school to any non- sport person like me.

Last modified Spring Lake Park Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.