Spring Lake Park, MN
Students enrolled: 1,310

Posted February 08, 2015
Small community district in the city. The teachers are enthusiastic, the newer developments have infused the district with a renewed tax base. The campus is recently remodeled. Athletics are competitive and the student body supportive. The music department boasts that 1 in 4 students plays an instrument. The theatre department is large and puts on 3 major productions a year. The enrollment is both diverse economically and ethnically. Our kids are in honors courses and also a few CP.

Posted August 17, 2014
I have been here for a year and it was soo bad that I went back to my other school for good. The kids there are jerks and its hard to fit in that school. The teachers were alright. Honestly thus school just goes easy on the kids and no punishment for tardiness or inappropriate clothing. And kids in class can have their phones laying on front of their desks without anybody caring any other school would tell you to put it away. I would not recomennd this school to any non- sport person like me.

Posted August 17, 2014
Horrible. All the way around. Pulled all of our kids out of this district. Teachers don't communicate, kids aren't allowed to use the bathroom, everything is always the students fault. Bullying is totally tolerated, without consequences to the bully - especially when it is a coach/staff member. As far as the sports aspect, it is all about who you are friends with. This is a no win school, education is terrible.

Spring Lake Park Senior High School 3

Posted August 12, 2014
I have been to this school for 4 years now and I really dont like it for couple reasons the kids in the school are jerks the kids getting to many fights! I loved all my teachers but the kids arereally mean to alot of people.

Spring Lake Park Senior High School 3

Posted February 27, 2014
How does it rate academically and socially. Any cases of bullying? How many kids per class?

Posted April 26, 2013
I like this school alot. I never been to a diffrent district but to me this school is great. I've never been bullied. My grades are all A's and B's. the teachers are amazing they are all very friendly. And all the teachers have been very well educated with a GPA of 3.9 or 4.0. I have many friends and this school has many AP courses students can take.

Posted October 31, 2012
This school changed their grading system to 90% test, 10% homework for the student's grades, which has effected the majority of the students in such a negative manner, they are having to explain to colleges why they went from 3.4 gpa's to 2.5 gpa's. It is very unfortunate. When there are typically 3 tests in a trimester, and a student does poorly on 1 test, for example a D, even if they get A's on the next 2 tests, they are unable to get an A in the class. Not all students are great at taking tests, and it has certainly shown in this new system. (Started in 2010-2011). This has been such a concern that when reviewing 1 particular teacher's students grades, it was disovered that over 70% of her classes were at failing, or near failing grades, to which the principal and staff were completely unaware as they had not done any follow up with their new teacher to make sure that the teacher and the students were successful.

Spring Lake Park Senior High School 4

Posted June 04, 2011
I truely love SLPHS especially the ELL courses, I can feel the care from my teachers. Class time went great, and teacher also respect the student. The Social Study teacher are wonderful, their teaching ways is interesting, and I actually learn a lots.

Posted November 17, 2009
My son has never enjoyed school as much as he does this year at SLP. The students are generally respectful, and the teachers are excellent!

Posted October 04, 2009
They have a great teaching staff.

Spring Lake Park Senior High School
1100 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park, MN  55432
Last modified Spring Lake Park Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Lake Park Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top