Posted April 29, 2014
My kids have gone to Wilshire park for the last 4 years. The teachers actively communicate with me about homework, progress, and learning or behavior issues. They have high expectations around grades and homework, which I fully support. It's also a small district, so I feel my kids aren't lost in the crowd. My youngest has been diagnosed with ADHD and has struggled with behavioral issues. The staff helped evaluate the situation and created an individual education plan that has greatly improved his behavior over the last two years. Like any school, parent need to be very involved - the more you put in, the better you sleep at night knowing you've done all you can to set your child up for success. Overall, Wilshire is a great school, with above average parent involvement a high academic expectations (and the results to show it).

Posted April 28, 2014
I have been really happy with the teachers at the school. They are very approachable. The staff has worked with us to help our child succeed and we have seen some wonderful progress. Our child has had additional help with reading and math. The staff has set realistic goals and is constantly tracking our child's progress and giving us updates. I do believe the staff tries their best to give each child a teacher that will work well with their personality and that has been obvious with our experience. Kindergarten was not the best for our child, since the match was not the best (but who knew what to expect), but since then things have been great. In addition to being an academic institution they have a lot of fun activities throughout the year for the kids and their families outside of normal school hours. This gives parents the opportunity to connect and kids the chance to have fun with their friends. There are a wonderful crew of parents that dedicate a lot of time planning these fun events and volunteering, which really makes this a wonderful school.

Wilshire Park Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2012
This is a good school. It could be a great school if they brought in a Principal that was open, less intrusive and flat out rude. It's about the kids, not the principal's career agenda. Choose teachers based on their ability, not who knows who. Get rid of the drama, and judgmental ways encouraged by staff. Parent involvement at this school is excessive.

Posted September 06, 2011
the person who wrote my child is finishing 4th grade what is your child's name? i think my girl may know him/her

Posted May 26, 2011
This school has been a greart nurturing environmenrt for my son. He is finishing his 4th year here, and still loves going to school. The staff is always caring and enthusiastic. They will always go out of their way for the needs of both students and parents. Parent involvement is very high. The support from this whole small community is high. Consequently, getting into this tiny school district is getting harder. Home sale inventory is limited at any given time, as is rental property. Out-of-district spaces have become non-existent. So if you want to send your child here, plan accordingly!

Posted March 11, 2011
Both of my children have had wonderful experiences at Wilshire Park. They have great teachers and there is a peaceful, disciplined (but not harsh) feeling to the school. Parent involvement is very high.

Wilshire Park Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Low class sizes, excellent teachers plentifle supplies and a great building also good parent involvement

Posted May 22, 2008
A healthy, positive and inspired learning culture permeates throughout this school. The teachers are full of creative energy and aren't just going through the motions. My daughter learned to expect nothing but the very best from herself and was shown how fun it can be to work hard and succeed. Great school!

Posted January 17, 2008
I like it. it is interactive for parents and fun for kids.my three children love it. the actually want to go to school in the morning.

Posted May 21, 2005
I have had two children go through WilShire Park and have been extreamly happy with the school. The staff is excellent,they provide many school activities and there is a wonderful sense of community. The school is not as diverse as many schools in this area, but that is in part because this is a very small school district. My children have been challenged and the current principal is very involved in student life and appears to be very supportive of her staff. I would and have highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a academically focused and wonderfully supportive school. There are many opportunities for parent involvement for those who look for that in a school.

Wilshire Park Elementary School
3600 Highcrest Rd NE, St. Anthony, MN  55418
Last modified Wilshire Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilshire Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top