St. Louis Park, MN

Posted August 07, 2014
This horrible school has so many major problems its a good topic for an essay.

St. Louis Park Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
I went to this school from 2011 to 2012. I would say that this school is very judge full. A lot of the kids there would bully other kids and the teachers would do nothing about it. I feel like for the kids there that have a disability or learning problem it's a better school for them because they're watched. I saw that the whole year. But I would say that this school is good educational wise just not socially.

St. Louis Park Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2014
The teachers my daughters have encountered at SLP Middle School have been caring, rigorous, engaging, inspired educators. No child is alike, and I've seen instructors and staff go above and beyond what's expected to keep my children on task and learning at their best pace. I've been impressed by their intramural coaches because the teach their athletes to love the games first. I really like this school.

Posted February 27, 2014
The multiple behavior problems at this school and the inability to offer rigor is concerning.

Posted October 07, 2013
SLP Middle School has fallen far short of offering the electives necessary for the evolving middle school student. Behavior problems at the school are significant, and the administration is uninspiring. The most recent Multiple Measure Ratings from the state place the school below 35% out of a possible 100 in addressing Math and Reading proficiency and growth....and the most recent MCA Math results are dismal..below the state average. ...just around 50% proficiency. The achievement gap is huge, as the school and district has done little to bridge the gap between black and white students. Many parents are now open enrolling their children elsewhere.

Posted May 13, 2013
This school has come just short of being a ghetto. My son had been bullied, verbally threatened and was being hit by another student and after talks with the dean numerous times it still didn't stop. The bully never was punished for his actions, he finally stopped when a policeman told him he could go to jail if he continued to have this behavior. The teachers do not know how to control their students and hardly and learning gets done. My kid was placed in a high level math class. Many students in the class clearly don't belong and are very disruptive. The school lunches are terrible, my child once found mold in his sandwich, saw that the chicken is pink on the inside, and found hair numerous times in their lunch. It's a rough student body in this school and it seems like there are no actions being taken to stop this from happening. The school is a complete mess. Take your kid to another school.

Posted November 11, 2011
Our 6th grader is NOT doing well at the junior high. The special ed department is a holy MESS and extremely ineffective. They have been out of compliance multiple times and owe my kid several hours for services they didn't provide (but were supposed to) so far this year. Figuring out my kid's special ed schedule has been all but impossible, since typically no one responds when I ask for info or guidance with this, and the special ed team didn't actually HAVE a schedule for him until the end of 1st quarter. We have even had to go to school and help our kid figure out where he's supposed to go since no one seemed to know. Additionally, very few of the classroom teachers respond when I contact them with questions about my kid's homework or test scores. Our experience with K-5 in the district was AMAZING and I've always spoke very highly of SLP schools. We are shocked that we are having this experience in SLP, but we feel that it will be difficult for us to provide our kid a good education if he stays at this school, under these circumstances. We have had to constantly advocate for BASIC needs, and even common courtesies from the staff. This is such a shame.

Posted October 15, 2010
best school ever so many nice kids and great teahers better than edina school or any school theres a place for everyone to fit in

Posted June 05, 2010
Every teacher in this school helps you do your best. They help you if your stuck on a problem. The teachers are very nice. My grades have improved a LOT and I thank all the teachers for that. The deans are fantastic my dean helps me with all of my problems I can talk to him whenever I want, he helps me, and fixes my problem withen that week. all of the classes are made to be fun with a lot of actvites and game. I love this school. I would love for more people to understand that it is not a bad school just because its near minneapolis and other crime neighbords i have never felt scared in this school. I love SLP JH and its the best school I've ever been to.

Posted May 06, 2010

St. Louis Park Middle School
2025 Texas Ave South, St. Louis Park, MN  55426
Last modified St. Louis Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Louis Park Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top