St. Louis Park, MN

Posted April 24, 2013
PSI is a school that is very culturally diverse and draws from the entire Saint Louis Park Community. It is a school that promotes diversity and teaches the whole child. The teaching staff is very dedicated and works hard to ensure the learning of EVERY student. My experience of a parent of a child that went through K-5th grade, was nothing short of exceptional! The PSI Community values not only the education of their child, but of all those in attendance. The language immersion piece is the best!

Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2013
allows and condones discrimination against students of color. Uses unfair practices amongst children without correction even after they recognize the problem. Bullying is allowed if the victim is a child of color. Children of color are only seen as the aggressors at psi even if they are being jumped 3 to 1.

Posted October 17, 2012
In response to the writer who is complaining of a staff of no African Americans at PSI...may want to do some research before speaking. How many african american spanish speaking applicants have they had? We had a terrific teacher, african american, who actually won teacher of the year while at the school and then decided to leave. There is a teacher from cuba, although don't know her ethnic background, don't care, she is an incredible teacher. The rest of the staff has been around for a long time, not a lot of turnover. That is a more important statistic. The school gave my children an incredible education. They have continued with their spanish and maintain straight A's in middle and high school. I wouldn't care if their teachers, janitors, secretaries, librarians were white, black, grey or purple, I want a good, solid education for them and that is what we got!

Posted June 22, 2012
I loved this school! When I went to that school my principle greeted me in the morning, the teachers where absolutely lovely, I got some of the best grades in ENGLISH, and I am now fluent in Spanish. The first time I had discussed our past teachers with my fellow students at the junior high, I was surprised at how much they disliked them! I loved all of teachers at PSI, including the ones I didn't have! I will always remember all of the memories that I have enjoyed at this school, and to all of the teachers at the school: Thank you for being some of the greatest influences in my life!

Posted June 21, 2012
I was part of PSI's first graduating class, and from a former student's perspective, I think PSI is an excellent school that provided a great and unique academic and cultural experience. Every teacher I had at PSI was fantastic and the Spanish language skills I learned are invaluable. For me and my peers, PSI was more than just an elementary education; it still effects our lives today. The majority of my graduating class has studied abroad in Spanish speaking countries and/or are majoring in Spanish or Latin American Studies. Many of us --including myself--will use Spanish as a critical tool in our careers after graduating college next year.

Posted June 10, 2009
PSI has a long-standing reputation as an excellent Spanish immersion school. The teachers and administration have high standards, and it shows in the achievement and behavior of the students. Parents are very active in their child's education, and it shows through the multitude of volunteers in the school, and the tireless hours that they put into fund-raising and serving on school committees. I have two children attending PSI, and they have always received the individual attention and kind words of encouragement from their teachers and the principal. The school really has a community feel to it, and I've been amazed at how well everyone watches out for each other. As a teacher in another district for many years, I would highly recommend PSI for those seeking an immersion school.

Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2009
Very disorganized! The children learn spanish well only! I wanted more for my child, she was waaaay behind in math, spelling, social studies and every other area except spanish (speaking only! They don't do well teaching grammar/spelling!). They kept me hanging on for 3 yrs. claiming that students are caught up with their peers from other shools by the 4th grade...BALONEY! I switched my daughter to Peter Holbert and it's ridiculous how far behind she was. I got a Spanish tutor so that she can keep up w/the language and put her at a school that takes pride in teaching more than just Spanish. Also, the prinical did a very poor job disciplining students fairly. I give this school a D+

Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2009

Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2009
I think the school wants little Stepford children. (Robots who are perfect) So if you have a student who is creative, has a mind of their own and has a personality this might not be the school for you.

Posted March 09, 2008

Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School
6300 Walker St, St. Louis Park, MN  55416
Last modified Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top