Bad
Good

I went to Oltman from 2009-2012 and it was a terrible experience. The kids in my grade were insane and would pick fights with other students for no reason. Kids who weren't seen as "cool" (me) were bullied endlessly. The academics did a terrible job in preparing me for Park high school. It was just an overall terrible experience and I'll try to never step foot in that school again.

Personally, I know that those cameras are watched, but even then, you can't always catch everything. Kids aren't stupid and they do have basic reasoning skills. They will figure a few things out. However, most of the teachers are great and understanding. I say this as an old student who now can look back on the time I had at Oltman and fully understand the affect that this place has had on me and my life. It helped me build my education up so and now I am at a University studying what I want with many plans for my future. Oltman helped get me here, and gave me a different view of the world because of the ways that it is different from another public school. You not only get a well rounded education, but you also get a sense of the world and the part you play in it.

Oltman is a great school. Sure, there are a lot of fights but they're usually broken up fast. The teachers all know what they're talking about, and about the security; yes they have cameras everywhere, and the people in the guidance office do watch them. Kids can't go out between lunch and homeroom-there are teachers in the hall watching, and the doors will be locked.

Last modified Oltman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.