St. Paul, MN

Posted March 04, 2014
I really loved going here! The teachers and kids were all very nice! I would highly recommend this school.

Posted February 12, 2014
I am the parent of two Randolph Heights students. Randolph Heights is a very good school. The teaching staff is exceptionally experienced. Despite larger class sizes (28), teachers tailor to individual students' needs. Curriculum is traditional--this is not the place for someone who seeks more innovative teaching methods (my kids thrive with intense focus on the three "Rs"). Math is at the same time each day for all students; beginning in third grade, students can move a grade ahead in math. Reading levels highly individualized; great librarian who knows kids levels. The entry posted just previous to mine expresses frustration with the principal, Karen Duke. Dr. Duke is a competent person that struggled to establish herself in a school that had a beloved previous principal, the truly exceptional Dr. Nancy Flynn, who is currently working wonders at Ramsey Middle School. Dr. Duke is less charismatic, more stern, and somewhat less engaged in day-to-day issues at the school than Flynn, but her presence has not affected the very strong teaching. Parents are very involved. There is some heterogeneity in the student body, but overall kids are good students with few behavioral issues.

Randolph Heights Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2012
I have had kids in Randolph Heights since 2003. I used to be a great school. But the principal moved on and the new principal has made some strange changes. Children are not allowed to shake hands or give high fives because they might get hurt. We used to have a school dance sponsored by the PTA, but the principal banned it because someone's feeling might get hurt. On the first assembly of the year the kids were all sitting quietly and patiently for the assembly to start. The principal came in and spent 10 minutes yelling at them about how to behave. There was an act of vandalism in the girls restroom, so the principal removed the door thereby allowing everyone to see in. In doing this she's using shame and embarrassment to punish half the school for the actions of one student. We've asked her to replace the door but she refuses and she has given the students no clue as to how they can get their door back. My daughter now 'holds it' all day rather than go to the bathroom in full view of the school. And some of these girls are just entering puberty as well. She has taken one of the best performing, most community minded schools in the city and ruined it.

Posted January 22, 2012
Excellent teachers and staff! The motivation, patience, creativity, knowledge, dedication and postive attitude of the teachers, and the way they connect with the children is quite amazing, and a great joy to experience, esp. when your child comes home so happy, and eager to return day after day. I have found such a big difference in how my child is learning, socializing, interacting and flourishing here. The best we have come across. So glad to have our child in this school!

Posted January 08, 2012
Our daughter has attended pre-K, K, and 1st grade at Randolph Heights. We're really impressed with the great sense of community amongst the parents and teachers. The teachers consistently hold themselves and the students to a higher standard than the District averages. They have some of the most impressive and active "green" initiatives we've ever run across. It's just really nice to have a great public school in the heart of the city.

Posted May 03, 2011
My son attended pre-K and then returned as a 3rd grader (we had been out of state for 4 years). We are just delighted with the incredibly engaged teaching and leadership staff now as we were then. We only wish that classrooms were smaller (33 in his 4th grade class!!!), but that is not the school's fault.

Posted May 02, 2011
My daughter is just completing her first year at Randolph Heights and we have loved it. Her teacher is excellent, well qualified and well liked by students. There is a lot of parent involvement and a good sense of community. I am confident that my daughter is receiving an excellent public education, and hope that this feeling will continue as she progresses through elementary school.

Posted May 01, 2010

Posted February 02, 2010

Posted November 22, 2009

Randolph Heights Elementary School
348 Hamline Ave South, St. Paul, MN  55105
Last modified Randolph Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Randolph Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top