Bad
Good

Our three children have all attended Aquila Primary and we absolutely LOVE it. The teachers are outstanding and the special ed services are great! I have bragged to parents of kids from other districts how lucky we feel to have our kids at Aquila, and I highly recommend it to people moving into the area. It is welcoming, cheery and most importantly, our kids look forward to going to school every day.

To the previous parent...African Americans care a great deal about their kids education as well as the next person. I am constantly at my daughters school volunteering, reading to children, chaperoning and staying involved. The teachers still fail to give me critical information to help my child at home. It is my opinion if I want to give this school 1 star.

We love Aquila. The previous poor scored review ignors so many elements of a good education it is difficult to respond. The teachers are all outstanding. Regardless of the childs skin color, economic background or family makeup, children can excell in school when they have a supportive, loving enviroment. At Aquila, they have that, even if they do not have it at home. When parents fail to support their children, the job of the teachers is made more difficult by at least ten fold. Yet, the Aquila staff works hard to overcome this obsticle for the small minority of students who have no support at home. With a change in leadership, I see greatness returning to Aquila soon. Strong leadership, outstanding teachers and wonderful support staff lead to a loving, caring, learning-rich experience for the children. Aquila is well on its way to being the best educational environment for all children.

The teachers are great. They are willing to go the extra mile to make sure the kids are getting the help they need. All the staff there are friendly and take the time to get to know the kids by name.

Aquila Primary Center is the 'hidden gem' of the St. Louis Park school system. The highest quality teachers, finest administrative staff and extras like on-site music and language classes make Aquila our choice.

I am so glad I chose this neighborhood to move to! I think the school is great and my son Sean couldn't have a better teacher than Mrs. Patel. She is a delight!

Aquila is one of the few bright spots in the SLP school district. The principal and his staff are top tier professionals. They're given, unfairly so, all the Title 1 kids in the district and they still do a phenomenal job of educating everyone. I have nothing but great things to say about Aquila

This school shows fabulous leadership with increased test scores over the last five years, in spite of an increase in low-income students. The principal has been able to target the students who need additional help and does a great job of focusing the teachers on more effective ways to teach the subject matter. This school only gets better and better!

I have been extremely impressed with Aquila and my son's teacher. He loves school and I am so happy that we stayed in St. Louis Park.

Aquila is an awesome school! The staff is amazingly talented, many have their masters. The staff feels that it is a true partnership between the teachers and the parents to educate the whole child. There are many extras at Aquila, Bravo, Picture Person, Art Classes, sports and more. The gym teacher is the best in the metro. All the teachers are looking out for the best in each child and taking them from that point forward. Aquila allows children to grow, learn, build confidence and develop. It is also becoming an International Baccalaureate school and will offer 90 minutes of spanish in the fall. Thanks to the outstanding leadership from the Principal Aquila is an awesome neighborhood school!

Last modified Aquila Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.