St. Louis Park, MN

Posted September 30, 2014
A great close knit community... I'm very blessed my child attends Peter Hobart. He's in 2nd grade and have been thoroughly impressed thus far!

Posted September 28, 2013
a caring school, with top notch teachers who work together to get a student on the right tract. they challenge students and have great school spirit. they handled a severe tragedy in an appropriate way and informed parents of the cave in ,in quick time. good school pride.

Posted February 19, 2013
Wonderful School! We fled Minneapolis public schools because of huge class size and extreme behavior issues. We are so thankful that we are now at Peter Hobart. The teachers are top notch. The Principal leads with a warm smile. The SLP school district lets the professionals do their job without a lot of meddling. We love this school, and so do our kids! I give Peter Hobart an A++!

Posted July 29, 2009
Excellent school. Caring and professional staff. Mrs Dvorak the best kindergarten teacher ever. Thanks Peter Hobart!

Posted June 27, 2008
this is an absolutely excellent school. the teachers are caring and go the extra mile. the principal is approachable and funny. there is a great sense of community and citizenship at this school. i couldn't be happier with my sons experience here.

Posted June 24, 2008
I couldn't be more pleased with Peter Hobart in every way. My oldest son will be in third grade next year and my youngest son will enter Kindergarten. We have been thrilled with the teachers each year and have heard great things about every other teacher in the school. Mr. Johnson, the principal, is amazing with the students. I am very involved in the PTA and love the amount of parent involvement in the school. Every day there are many parents volunteering for various activities. The students have recess and PE every day and have music and art several times a week. It really couldn't be better!

Posted January 22, 2007
I couldn't be more pleased with my son's kindergarten experience at Peter Hobart. The teacher is thoughtful and well-organized. Principal Johnson is fantastic. I don't know that there are extracurricular activities for kindergarteners, but I don't expect any at this age. I feel blessed that my son is getting his great start at this school.

Posted September 18, 2006
School is located in middle class suburb to the west of Minneapolis. As of '06, school/district is known for excellent staff, leadership and innovation; teachers encourage to innovate. May change in future. Natl. Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (3 time award winner). District wide, the Spanish Immersion school had a 2006 Minnesota Teacher of the Year, and International Baccalaureate is available at the high school level. Diverse student population. Few discipline problems at the elementary and junior high level; good at the high school level with some issues. Students able to transfer into the district due to Minnesota law allowing cross-district transfers with few denials, which may account for some of this. Strong discipline programs at all schools, truancy is not accepted via Minnesota law and students will be expelled according to progressive discipline programs. Strong support for district by parents, referendum for school funding and reduced class sizes rarely

Posted May 09, 2006
We are extremely pleased with Peter Hobart. The school encourages parent involvement and the teachers a very approachable. Our kindergartner's teacher is easy to reach and provides us feedback on the progress of our daughter on a regular basis. The principal, Mr Johnson, is also very active on a day to day basis by attending classes and on occasion filling in for a teacher who is out. We couldn't have scripted a better beginning to our daughter's primary education. The school will no doubt meet, and in most cases excede your expectations of what is required in a grade school!

Posted September 16, 2004
Peter Hobart gave our two daughter's the best educational experience we could have ever hoped for. The teachers are exceptional in tending to the required materials, but also in pursuing what each child may need individually. That is an awesome feat considering all they have to do already. The principal cares deeply for the students and pursues every avenue available to provide the best, most well-rounded, inclusive curriculum he can. Students receive music 1 - 2 times per week, phy-ed (1st - 3rd) is provided daily, as is recess. Reading and comprehension are considered top priority. Parent volunteerism is highly valued and utilized. This is a a marvelous school!

6500 West 26th St, St. Louis Park, MN  55426
Last modified Peter Hobart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter Hobart Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top