St. Louis Park, MN

Posted April 15, 2014
Groves Academy has given my daughter the tools to become a life long learner, and a successful self advocate. She has gone from a failing student in the traditional classroom; to a very successfull student in the college classroom setting while still in high school. Groves has given her the 'keys' that she needed to unlock her potential. Where others saw what she could not do, Groves Academy saw what she could do. Without Groves, we know that this outcome would not have been possible! Outstanding staff and teachers that believe in your student and help your student to believe in themselves. Our only regret is that we did not find Groves earlier in her school journey!

Groves Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2014
Groves is exceptional. The 1:8 teacher/student ratio provides very personalized, intentional education to each student. Our son's academic life has changed dramatically for the better, as has his confidence and self-esteem. Groves teachers create an individual teaching plan for each student based on the students learning gifts and differences.

Posted February 18, 2014
My son goes to this school and it's excellent. He is in high school and the upper school teachers are awesome and really know how to work with kids who have ADHD and/or learning disabilities.

Posted January 24, 2014
Groves has made a world of difference for my son. He has severe dyslexia and was falling through the cracks at his other school. This is his second year at Groves and I am amazed by the difference in attitude, confidence, desire to learn, and of course, reading. The teachers are caring and consistent from class to class - students are taught and given organizational skills that are best for the child, not what is easiest for the teacher. It was a difficult decision to send our son here considering the cost and the commute, but absolutely the best decision hands down. The Head of School is wonderful too - can't say enough positive things about him.

Posted January 22, 2014
My son has dyslexia and has been at Groves for 2 1/2 years. We tried every therapy out there as well as different school situations. The only thing that has worked is Groves. He is doing great in school, loves school and learning. I have a different child. One with more confidence. A child who works hard and gets results. He says he can finally learn at Groves! We come from 45 minutes away and it's worth the drive. And, worth every penny spent on tuition.

Posted November 12, 2013
This school will change your life! I know this because it did for me. I wouldn't be who I am and the dreams I have if it weren't for Groves. They truly saved my education and my life.

Posted August 18, 2013
Groves Academy is a great school, coming from a person who has attended (grade 8-12) and graduated. This school caters to students who need a little extra attention due to a learning difference (ADHD etc). Even so, many of the students at this school are at or above average intelligence levels. The major downside to this school is the price tag ($19,000+ when I attended). Unfortunately, this school serves a small population of very wealthy families. But there are many scholarship options and financial assistance programs available, but nothing will cover the complete cost due to the number of students requesting aid. Apart from the cost, a seat for a student at Groves is highly sought after and there can be some competition for an open seat. The school is constantly expanding and offers a modern, engaging and high tech experience for the students. In addition, several children of well known people have also attended Groves Academy, the son of Kirby Puckett, the daughter or Garrison Keillor among others. Many families have also moved from other parts of the U.S. or even different countries so their children may attend this school.

Groves Academy 1

Posted February 26, 2011
i am a former upper school student of groves. i would have to say it was the worst experience i have ever had in schools. one of the teachers evan caled me anoying infront of the hole class. not to menchion her lack of any skills in teaching or tecnology.i also no that drugs are yoused by everyother student their aswell as constant harasment from them. not just to me but everyone. i also dident get any help when i was asked in 2 of my classes. i will say the teachers for health,pe,home ec,art, and science are very nice thoes are the only classes i felt the teachers were actualy trying to help me. the others it seamed dident want me around. i cant say anything for lower and middle school tho. i dont no if their the same or different.

Posted April 14, 2010
This faculty and program helped my son achieve his full potential. Our family will be forever grateful.

Posted December 02, 2007
As my son approaches graduation, I am reminded of how far he has come. In 7th grade we were loosing him. Dyslexia defined who he was and limited his opportunities. After five years at Groves he has become a confident, optimistic, humorous young man with a life time of opportunities ahead. Dyslexia does n ot limit him, define him, or depress him anymore. Now, he knows how amazing he is, not because he believes Mom and Dad, but because he believes himself. Graduation 2008 is next- because of Groves Academy. CMF

Groves Academy