St. Paul, MN
Students enrolled: 2,174

Posted April 14, 2015
Both of my children attend this school and I think it does a wonderful job of supporting and providing a place for all kinds of students and supports indicidual creativity and interests with a plethora of clubs and activities to round out the rigorous academic program. It's diversity is a plus and makes the overall experience more fun as well as real-world, well-rounded and not sheltering.

Posted September 16, 2013
Excellent orchestra, band and choral music programs, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate academic programs, extraordinary number of all city championships in all sports, strong and consistent administration, healthy multicultural student body.

Central Senior High School 4

Posted June 24, 2012
I will be a junior at Central this fall. I can honestly say that I love this school. Yes, it is a large school with many kids in the hallways, there are occasional fights, etc. But the positives outweigh the negatives. Transitioning from junior high to Central was a breeze. Many of my friends came here as well, but I was comfortable meeting new people and interacting with the staff. They do a great job in making sure the freshman feel welcomed and prepared for their high school journey. I love coming to school each day, knowing that I will make new friends and learn more than the day before. The academics are so good! I am challenged but not struggling, and Iearning is actually fun thanks to the wonderful teachers. I will say that there are a few "bad" teachers here, but aren't there at every school? Overall, I would definitely recommend Central to anyone who is willing to work hard academically, meet new people, and adjust to a large school. I am proud to be a Minuteman.

Posted March 10, 2011
Central has thee best teachers I've ever had. Tons of class options, challenge and regular. The reason centrals test scores are low is because its in a shady neighborhood where theres quire a few students that don't. We have the smartest and stupidest, which is why our test score average is average.

Central Senior High School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
They endeavor to meet the needs of each and every young person there and it is a very diverse school racially, socially, economically and culturally. My child has had a very good experience there and I feel is well prepared for college and future studies. The music program is superb - absolutely one of it's strongest features. It is a GREAT example of public education today.

Posted December 30, 2009
It is a diverse and very good school, full of different opportunities everyday!

Posted November 04, 2009
Central High School is the oldest, public high school in Minnesota. It is an AB/IP college prep high school and the best inner city school in the state. Many famous/celebrities are Central alums. It's the best there is in a public school around! My oldest son attended Central and now my youngest attends and they just love it. It is a wonderful college prep for any student who wishes to futher their education and again, it's a public school! There are far too many bad things said about public schools these days. Here's one that has excellent academics, extra curricular and opportunities for all, race, creed, no matter what your background is.

Central Senior High School 0

Posted October 15, 2009
It is doing wonderful things for our granddaughter in the way of varied programs. She is very happy there!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love Central High School! Senor O, Ms Peters and Mr Spicer are great!

Posted September 18, 2009

Central Senior High School
275 North Lexington Parkway, St. Paul, MN  55104
Last modified Central Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Senior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top