Bad
Good

My daughter started out in Kindergarden at Linwood and went all the way through 8th Grade, at the Monroe Campus, which is now called Linwood-Monroe. For the most part, her teachers really saw her qualities and she had fantastic support from them. She had the awesome opportunity to try many different things artistically, from indonesian dance, to the 4th grade opera, to pottery, poetry, and she really overcame her shyness over the years, finally getting the lead role in her 8th grade year in the afterschool play which is a full production. So many aspects of herself were developed along side a very warm atmosphere. She was in AP program and did well in the more challenging classes along side her comrades. It was a great community there, the teachers and the parents. I think it got a little more complicated when Linwood became Linwood-Monroe and the transition was hard adding in more students, but every friday when the kids from all grades perform or show art work for the whole school, everyone is part of it and respect for all is exemplified. Everyone gets the experience of performing on stage before parents and peers. It's pretty cool.

Truly this school lacks communication. I have written to the principal to receive no response. My son has had a very rough year, to the point he was in a day treatment program for 30 days for mental health. The only one in contact with me was the school counselor. I JUST met the school social worker a couple weeks ago when she was notified of my son's issues in February. The 7th grade has been a revolving door of core teachers leaving and substitutes coming through. Their perception of the needs of their students is highly skewed. Unless a child is severely disabled or extremely disruptive-expect no extra help or attention in the classroom.

I would give this school a 0 if I could, I've been here 2 years and I wish I never went here. This school makes me feel unsafe and scared. You shouldn't even consider this school due to lack of communication between teachers bullying and horrible events that have happened here.

Overall we have had nothing but good experiences at Linwood Monroe Arts Plus. Our son is now in 4th grade with an IEP. Every teacher he has had cares about our children. We feel very lucky to have a great school right in the neighborhood!!

I I love my school. I've been here for almost 8 years and counting. It has an amazing and fun work environment, and last year had the only theatre program in Saint Paul. All the teachers are supportive and fun to be around. I couldn't wish for a better school for K-8. I will be sad to leave at the end of this year, but this will always be my school. Every Friday we have a Gathering, where everyone comes together and shares what the're learning. The Gatherings were and are one of my favorite parts of the school. 8th Graders get to learn about what the 5th graders are doing in class and vice versa throughout the school. It's awesome to see the cool ways the classes show what the're learning. I think I will come back every friday to see these Gatherings even when I leave.

I absolutely love LMAP. I started at Linwood and stayed when they merged. The teachers are wonderful, truly. I would recommend it to anyone. The vibe is really nice, and so are the people. It is small enough that you can know everyone in your grade level, at least by name and face, which I find really nice. I am currently an eighth grader, and I will be sad to go.

this school doesnt not prepare students for high school level work. I know many students from monroe who will tell you that you would get a much better education from one of the others schools in the area. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone with childen unless your child has special needs.

Great School. My children have been there since Kindrgarden; and now are in Junior High School.

Monroe has the best teachers in the district. We love the music programs and art shows in the school. Our children enjoy school at Monroe and we couldn't be happier. The teachers keep us informed and are a constant support to our children. I can't say enough great things about this school!

Last modified Linwood Monroe Arts Plus Upper is a Public school that serves grades PK, 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.