Bad
Good

I have a kindergarten student at Linwood who also attended PreK at Monroe. I loved the staff at both buildings. My child came home happy every day and loves school. I am hoping that the school will continue to improve. I was worried when Linwood and Monroe merged a few years ago, but things seem to be going very well. At Monroe, I saw many older students being good leaders for the young kids. Our family is very happy and know we made a great choice. As far as the other reviews, our classes have been around 25. When we looked around all the top schools were between 2 and 30 even in the lower grades. It seems comparable to us.

I am also looking into other school options for my child. Since the merger of Monroe and Linwood(08/09 school year) - it seems that the 'arts' have completly taken over. my child did better at Monroe. She loves the art, drama, music, etc but could they throw in some science or even gym once in awhile??!! It is sad the amount of attention the 'bad' kids get- i agree w/the parent below, also the class sizes are ridiculous - no wonder the teachers are stressed! Could be worse, but could be a lot better!

I just recently pulled my son out of this school. Since he is a child that listens and minds the rules I don't believe that he was paid much attention to. His classroom was highly concentrated with children with huge behavioral issues and the teachers were stressed to the max. Great teachers but stressed terachers. It was very unfortunate and a horrible experience.

Last modified Linwood Monroe Arts Plus Lower is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.