Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

The teachers have been very receptive when ever I bring a concern to them.

Supports LD students: Neutral

This school works very well for my children's learning styles but I feel like they are pretty easy going so I don't feel qualified to say either way.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I was disappointed when the principal ended the orchestra and band program.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have had a very positive experience with our teachers for 2 children except for kindergarten. The teacher was nice but overwhelmed and she didn't come back the next year.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework can be a lot for my children because they have a long commute and take music lessons after school. I have told the teachers occasionally when we have not been able to finished it and they have been understanding.

We have had two children attend this school. Overall we are very please and will be sending our third child next year even though it's a trek for us. Thank you LNFI staff for all of your hard work and dedication.

After looking at many schools, both public and private, we decided on L'Etoile du Nord for our daughter. We are so glad we did! Her kindergarten experience has been wonderful! She has learned so much French and loves her teachers and her classmates. We were concerned that because she is very shy, an immersion school might not be the right fit, but she surprised us and has adjusted beautifully. She does interesting things at school and always has something to tell us about. She is in the Discovery Club for before/after school care and that has been a good experience also. She wants to be taken to Discovery Club early so she doesn't miss anything they are doing. Most of her kindergarten classmates take the bus to and from school, and we are going to start having her take the bus at least one way also, after hearing good reports from other parents. We are so pleased with this school and really feel we are giving our daughter a unique experience by sending her here.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some teachers are much more superior than others. We have been lucky thus far that we have had great teachers.

Amount of homework: no rating

In kindergarten my daughter received much more homework than she does in 1st grade now with Mr. Kakou, which is odd. Each teacher seems to have their own individual system. Mr. Kakou gives the perfect amount of homework. They are short and quick which is all a 1st grader needs. I think the school should have a bit more of a consistent homework guideline amongst teachers.

Very very happy with L'etoile Du Nord. My child is now in 1st grade and has Mr. Kakou - who is absolutely wonderful. She is happy and is continually challenged but equally supported, which I think is great. I think some teachers may be better than others but we are so happy with how this year has gone thus far and are looking forward to the next years.

Last modified L'Etoile du Nord French Immersion is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.