Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Our son has some learning difficulties and he has gotten wonderful support at this school and really likes all of his teachers. Strong positive reinforcement has helped keep him motivated to excel to the best of his abilities.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership of this school is what has led to its success and the waiting list to get in. Very well run and a no nonsense, strong learning environment.

Develops character: Agree

Low tolerance for disrespectful behavior or bullying. Tolerance of others differences is stressed in this school. We are comfortable with sending our kids here because of the environment and required parent involvement.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are easy to talk to and look for innovative ways to get students engaged and motivated. Very responsive to students who seek help, in our experience and lots of positive reinforcement.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is after school homework time prior to bus departure so students can get help if needed, and complete the majority of their assignments. Our son has about 1/2 - 1 hour of homework that he needs to complete in the evening which is very doable, and less than he had at his previous school.

My son started highschool at TCA this fall and loves the school. Teachers are great - very supportive and patient. Homework load is about right. Staff are wonderful, and we like the principal. Uniforms are easy to find and inexpensive. Gorgeous new building also. Very happy we chose TCA and will be sending our youngest there next year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

First year at TCA for my daughter and our family. We chose TCA because of its improving test scores school-wide, its moderate enrollment size and its reputation for individual attention. So far, TCA has exceeded expectations. Plus, my daughter found it easy to make new friends. She is truly enjoying her experience.

TCA is a great school. My student needed challenge and she is getting it here. The student behavior is way better than the local public schools and the teachers are excellent. I'm not sure about the other parents but the principal is wonderful for our family!

The parent who wondered if the discipline and rigor would decline with the new Principal...the answer is a resounding YES! We came to this school because of the reputation built by the last principal. The culture and standards set by this new principal falls extremely short of the old one. My child's classes are disorderly, the kids are unruly, and the teachers perform horrendously. They don't stay on top of the kid's work, they don't enforce their homework deadlines, and they have no idea on the progress your kids is making. My child's math teacher grades on completion, not accuracy so for every test that is taken, there has to be a retest because the students score so poorly. If he was grading homework, he would know the kids weren't ready for the tests. He could see who understood the materials and who didn't. My kid is a straight A student and made student of the month but this is because of all the work I do at home with her. TCA has been a terribly disappointing experience. We plan taking our child out next year.

Last modified Twin Cities Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.