Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

SPCPA seems to have come a good way since our eldest considered vocal & orchestral tracks 4 yrs ago. Our youngest, in dance track, would seem to have the most professionally engaged and classically trained artistic staff of all the offered tracks. Having family friends in the theater areas over the years and hearing their experiences, I would say upon re-visiting that there is still a bit of recurring angst, drama... A few years back, drugs were a problem there that concerned current and prospective families. It remains to be seen if the school has gotten a thorough handle on that! All in all, administration has a tight grip on safety measures in the current location with open campus model. Administrative related is well thought out and quite responsive. Kids seem independently confident, are given leadership roles for the school, appear responsible, openly respectful, engaged, joyful and motivated. This goes to the enthusiastic young teachers as well who appear to create a classroom culture of respecting ideas and discussion. That bodes well for our gifted and talented daughter who suffered under the thumb of primary and middle school limits. While a school can't be all things, I would venture to say that if one is disciplined, maintains a good daily attitude & takes their classwork seriously, you're going to make the most of it! The 80 minute daily guided study is a real boon. SPCPA is rated several points higher than highly regarded public high schools in the metro and, for the last few years. I'm looking forward to CIS, AP and/or IB as a ready guided means to move the student ahead in a costly college environs. And it is hoped guidance counselors will reach out to students and the family. .

Math clinics are unresonable, there's two teachers individually helping a couple students out of a class of thirty who are all in the same boat of confusion. No one is funding this school, there is no princaple and academics are going down by the minuet. As a senior who has attended this school for four years, I can say I don't recammend this school to anyone. I'll be surprised if it even exists five years down the road.

My daughter attended SPCPA, and had a wonderful experience. She took as many classes for the College in the Schools program as she could during her junior and senior year. Because she took these classes she was able to graduate from college in 2 !/2 years, which saved her/us a lot of money. She continued her dance studies in college, on the west coast. She was told by the head of the dance department that she had never seen such a great vocabulary in modern dance from any other art high school across the country. That speaks volumes of the dance program. I can't thank SPCPA for all the wonderful dance/school/life experiences you have given my daughter. As for academics, it is right on par with the private college prep high school my 3 other children attended. I will say, you have to want to excel at your art track and your academics....nobody is going to give you an easy A..you have to earn it!

The Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists, the place where all dreams come true. Have you ever wanted to be able to sing in front of a huge crowd? Have you ever wanted to dance with an amazing group of people? Have you ever enjoyed creating a masterpiece on stage? Even playing your favorite instrument as well! Well the Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists is the right place. The education is excellent, teachers are on top of things especially making sure ALL students pass above a C. Students work their hardest to get their highschool diploma and also enjoy the performing arts. The school is the right place for your student. It's a place to finally find yourself and meet lifelong friends. A place to find out your dreams. SPCPA is the best choice to make, why not make dreams come true?

I am happy to be at this school! Teachers are very thoughtful. I say in order for you to keep up, you must be very committed. There is no time to waste in class! If you are lost, have any questions or concerns the teachers are very flexible with the schedules. If you would like to pursue in any of the arts offered, join us; it's free! I recommend you look more into this school. But be aware, you shall be very responsible. Good luck!

I am currently a senior at SPCPA. I can honestly say that this school has changed my life. The students that this school draws are talented, driven, young performing artists, who put as much intention into their academic classes as they do their arts. This school is not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of driver student to excel at SPCPA. The school allows for a great deal of freedom at a young age. This is a blessing and a curse. If you are not accountable, and an advocate for yourself you can struggle at SPCPA. This is because there is no one forcing you to do your work. I learned a great deal of time management skills in my first semester.The teachers are young intelligent individuals who are very relatable. I have found that when I ask they have gone above and beyond to help me. The arts teachers are working professionals in the area. They have helped me grow as an artist and a person, many of them have become my mentors that I will keep in touch with after I graduate. I have very much enjoyed my time at SPCPA.

I'm currently attending spcpa. I will be a sophomore for the 2013-2014 school year. I can honestly say that this school has changed my life. You meet awesome people, great teachers and it's a great campus. Everyone is so nice and helpful at spcpa. I love this school and I recommended it to anyone that has a performing arts passion like I do. (:

This school is a godsend for my son. I have never seen a high school where all of the kids seem to be accepted, and the typical bullying culture is very small to non-existent. The academics are top notch, and the training these children receive in their respective arts discipline is second to none. This school can be compared to the Interlochen in Michigan, but without the $40,000 tuition.

I dont like this school at all. Last year was my first year. I started out at a sophomore and right away i new i was not going to like it. The people were very different and kinda snotty and rude. The first thing i realized going into this school is that the teachers are really young. They didnt help me at all and all they talked about was moodle. This where they "post all the assignments" even though they never did. The arts part was fun but very overwhelming and stressful. They cared wayy more about the arts then the academics. This year i am much more happy at a public high school.

Prior to coming to SPCPA, my daughter attended three other schools, looking for a school that taps into her artistic skills. SPCPA provides the artistic classes she so desires along with a very good academic program. Most students want to be at the school and seem to be pretty accepting of each other. My daughter has made some wonderful friends. The teachers are readily available to meet with the students when needed and the principal has an open door policy making it very comfortable for the students to approach him with any concerns. Their are five tracks to follow at SPCPA. My daughter is on the dance track at SPCPA. Her teachers come with excellent credentials and have a sincere interest in helping kids with their goals. Overall, if your child has an interest in the performing arts, check out SPCPA. It has been a great fit for us.

Last modified St Paul Conservatory Performing Art is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.