Bad
Good

Posted November 03, 2015
My daughter attended SPCPA, and had a wonderful experience. She took as many classes for the College in the Schools program as she could during her junior and senior year. Because she took these classes she was able to graduate from college in 2 !/2 years, which saved her/us a lot of money. She continued her dance studies in college, on the west coast. She was told by the head of the dance department that she had never seen such a great vocabulary in modern dance from any other art high school across the country. That speaks volumes of the dance program. I can't thank SPCPA for all the wonderful dance/school/life experiences you have given my daughter. As for academics, it is right on par with the private college prep high school my 3 other children attended. I will say, you have to want to excel at your art track and your academics....nobody is going to give you an easy A..you have to earn it!

St Paul Conservatory Performing Art 1

Posted August 10, 2014
With open enrollment, SPCPA isn't a conservatory in a disciplined classical pre-professional sense. This is a high school "experience" for kids with common interests or didn't fit in elsewhere - sometimes bringing a host of social problems with. Many have no training i.e: popular musical theater where ego/immaturity is rampant (think Glee). Admin is loose & tired even as a drug problem ran rampant under their noses. SPCA is not up to the task of pre-professional training for those classically trained in ballet, strings and classical voice from early ages. These go for additional ballet and strings daily practice, but devoted continue to rely on orchestras, quartets and pre-professional classical training. Vocal combines choral & theater - different physiologically from classical voice - often harmful. Academically, SPCA is not AP or IB. PSEO is application based and made difficult on a number of points. Overall, SPCPA is not instilling students a necessary strong backup plan for life (sciences, etc.) given the harsh reality that realistically, only a handful of the very best from conservatories world over will succeed in the highly competitive professional performing arts.

Posted April 28, 2014
The Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists, the place where all dreams come true. Have you ever wanted to be able to sing in front of a huge crowd? Have you ever wanted to dance with an amazing group of people? Have you ever enjoyed creating a masterpiece on stage? Even playing your favorite instrument as well! Well the Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists is the right place. The education is excellent, teachers are on top of things especially making sure ALL students pass above a C. Students work their hardest to get their highschool diploma and also enjoy the performing arts. The school is the right place for your student. It's a place to finally find yourself and meet lifelong friends. A place to find out your dreams. SPCPA is the best choice to make, why not make dreams come true?

Posted October 18, 2013
I am happy to be at this school! Teachers are very thoughtful. I say in order for you to keep up, you must be very committed. There is no time to waste in class! If you are lost, have any questions or concerns the teachers are very flexible with the schedules. If you would like to pursue in any of the arts offered, join us; it's free! I recommend you look more into this school. But be aware, you shall be very responsible. Good luck!

Posted September 24, 2013
I am currently a senior at SPCPA. I can honestly say that this school has changed my life. The students that this school draws are talented, driven, young performing artists, who put as much intention into their academic classes as they do their arts. This school is not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of driver student to excel at SPCPA. The school allows for a great deal of freedom at a young age. This is a blessing and a curse. If you are not accountable, and an advocate for yourself you can struggle at SPCPA. This is because there is no one forcing you to do your work. I learned a great deal of time management skills in my first semester.The teachers are young intelligent individuals who are very relatable. I have found that when I ask they have gone above and beyond to help me. The arts teachers are working professionals in the area. They have helped me grow as an artist and a person, many of them have become my mentors that I will keep in touch with after I graduate. I have very much enjoyed my time at SPCPA.

Posted July 03, 2013
I'm currently attending spcpa. I will be a sophomore for the 2013-2014 school year. I can honestly say that this school has changed my life. You meet awesome people, great teachers and it's a great campus. Everyone is so nice and helpful at spcpa. I love this school and I recommended it to anyone that has a performing arts passion like I do. (:

Posted May 07, 2013
This school is a godsend for my son. I have never seen a high school where all of the kids seem to be accepted, and the typical bullying culture is very small to non-existent. The academics are top notch, and the training these children receive in their respective arts discipline is second to none. This school can be compared to the Interlochen in Michigan, but without the $40,000 tuition.

St Paul Conservatory Performing Art 1

Posted March 10, 2013
I dont like this school at all. Last year was my first year. I started out at a sophomore and right away i new i was not going to like it. The people were very different and kinda snotty and rude. The first thing i realized going into this school is that the teachers are really young. They didnt help me at all and all they talked about was moodle. This where they "post all the assignments" even though they never did. The arts part was fun but very overwhelming and stressful. They cared wayy more about the arts then the academics. This year i am much more happy at a public high school.

Posted August 25, 2012
Prior to coming to SPCPA, my daughter attended three other schools, looking for a school that taps into her artistic skills. SPCPA provides the artistic classes she so desires along with a very good academic program. Most students want to be at the school and seem to be pretty accepting of each other. My daughter has made some wonderful friends. The teachers are readily available to meet with the students when needed and the principal has an open door policy making it very comfortable for the students to approach him with any concerns. Their are five tracks to follow at SPCPA. My daughter is on the dance track at SPCPA. Her teachers come with excellent credentials and have a sincere interest in helping kids with their goals. Overall, if your child has an interest in the performing arts, check out SPCPA. It has been a great fit for us.

Posted March 14, 2012
For students that are passionate about the performing arts, this is an excellent choice. Class sizes in both the arts and academics are kept small. The teachers make time to talk to students and parents as needed, and even the academic class activities creatively incorporate small and large group activities and acting with the usual tests, papers, and lectures.

St Paul Conservatory Performing Art
16 West 5th Street, St. Paul, MN  55102
Last modified St Paul Conservatory Performing Art is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Paul Conservatory Performing Art Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top