Wayzata, MN
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At St. Therese School, we focus on providing an outstanding academic experience in a faith filled environment. We strive to create a community where all are welcomed, valued and respected as uniquely designed children of God. It is a privilege to partner with parents in their efforts to develop confident, competent, and compassionate citizens.
October 29, 2013

St. Therese School 2

Posted September 28, 2014
School is too small. Teachers are good but not willing to correct ill behaved students. Nuns are wonderful leaders but size of school is a real problem

Posted October 18, 2013
St. Therese School is great! We have two children in the programs at St. Therese, one in the K-2 school and one in the preschool/daycare program. We can't say enough great things about St. Therese. The teachers are excellent and the academic program is extremely strong (Core Knowledge and Saxon Math). They also have sports, music, Spanish, and religion, creating well rounded academically strong students. Class sizes are smaller giving all students individual attention and they teach to the level of each student. Can't say enough great things.

St. Therese School 1

Posted December 28, 2012
The students at this school are so unfriendly. Almost a bully atmosphere. The parents are very unwelcoming. Very cold and stand offish. The elementary staff is excellent, the middle school staff is adequate. We have never been in such an unwelcoming and unfriendly environment. I would not recommend this school. The administration is aware of the bully issues and does nothing. Hard to believe this is a catholic school.

Posted March 19, 2012
St. Therese School is outstanding! Academically their NWEA (previously, MAP and Iowa Basics) test scores are consistently above public schools in the district and those of surrounding public school districts. The faculty is engaged, highly competent and experienced in their respective subjects. Class sizes are conducive to learning due to their size and teachers can focus attention individually if/when necessary. They are also willing to provide additional help to students when necessary. St. Therese provides a Catholic and Christian environment that focuses not only on academics but on the development of children spiritually and physically. Spanish is taught in grades K-8. All three of our children attended St. Therese School and were very well prepared for high school. In addition, they have an excellent athletic program and music and theatre opportunities as well. St. Therese School has consistently produced district winners or top performers in the annual Minnesota geography and spelling bees. One student won the Minnesota geography bee and participated in the national competition. I highly recommend St. Therese School for students in grades K-8.

Posted March 16, 2012
We moved to the Minnetonka area from out of state a couple of years ago and began researching schools. We have two middle school students at St. Therese and couldn't be happier. The school provides a warm, safe, and strong valued atmosphere on top of the exceptional education they provide. Both of our kids are gifted academically and St. Therese challenges them in every way. The math program is excellent as is Language Arts. The computer lab and science lab are both top notch. We love St. Therese and are so thankful that we found this hidden gem! We highly recommend St. Therese School. Their testing scores are always exceptional, beating out the Minnetonka Schools!! St Therese is the best of the best!

Posted March 16, 2012
Two of my children are graduates (PreK through 8) and my third child is currently a student. Not only does St. Therese do an exceptional job of preparing children for high school it also does an outstanding job of preparing them for life. The early years of a child's life are so critical in the development of their character. I don't know of a better school to compliment the values and morals we've taught our children at home. I highly recommend St. Therese School.

Posted March 13, 2012
I have 3 children who are currently attending St. Therese. My oldest has been there for 4 years. I have been very impressed at how the teachers genuinely care for students, and all aspects of their development. Would highly recommend St. Therese.

Posted March 12, 2012
I have been a part of this school for almost 20 years, with 3 children attending pre-k through 8th grade. The teachers,staff, principal are fantastic. The presence of nuns teaching and throughout the school is wonderful. A very comfortable atmosphere; a very caring envornment. There's nowhere I'd rather have my children at the start of their education.

Posted March 09, 2012
Amazing staff and learning environment! The individual attention and customized learning maximize each child's potential. My children started in the Pre-K program (also outstanding) and moved into Kindergarten very successfully. I'm impressed by the focus on values, character and sense of community. They offer after school and summer programs allowing enrichment outside the classroom as well. The Spanish, art and music classes have allowed my daughter to excel in the arts and languages while attending a first rate school. This school is also extremely inclusive, regardless of you faith background. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted May 09, 2011
great school. Saxon math, kids are placed according to skills in math, reading and writing. Small classes. Great after school activities and day care. Excelent parents involvement.

St. Therese School