Bad
Good

I went to Sibley for my entire high school education, and I can honestly say that they helped me transition from high school to college with ease. As with other schools, there are some problems with certain teachers and students, but overall it was a very positive experience. It is a large school so the class sizes vary, but I never had more than 30 people per class, and most times it was only 20-25. I would highly recommend taking advantage of the AP and PSEO programs they have because it helped me to get my associates degree by the time I graduated high school. I would recommend this school 10/10.

This is a really great school with a lot of academic and extracurricular opportunities. The AP programming is great and I know several students that have gone on to prestigious colleges in and out of MN and have accomplished careers. I think the district overall is doing an excellent job and this school is performing especially well considering the challenges that come with the level of racial and economic diversity that other suburban districts don't face. From a parent's perspective, I would say Sibley provides an excellent springboard to college and the next phase of a young adult's life.

Has many underqualified and unsuitable teachers who seem to hate their job and coming to school each day. These teachers take out their frustrations on students to (varying) degrees and just give poor quality education. I've had several teachers admit to their classes that the majority of students in said class were either failing or close to. There are, however, a few diamonds in the rough. Hopefully those teachers move onto bigger and better schools. Aside from that, the school itself is decent and well kept. They just need to be more serious on their quality control when it comes to teachers.

I would not recommend sending your child to this school. I am attending sibley now and it is horrible. Most of the teachers are horrible or they are stuck up. The teachers do not help you due to the fact there is so many students per class. I've had a couple of teachers that have been horrible because they are just rude and stuck up and act like a teacher shouldn't act.

I went to Sibley for a year and a half, this school was alright. There were many different people there, and a lot of people got along. Although all the rich people are together and all the poorer tend to be too. I left because the classes were 30+ to a room, I just felt like a number and that I couldn't get the help I needed to understand the courses. The councilor I had failed to help me and many of the teachers seemed as though they hated their jobs. Many could not control their classes and others were absolutely crewel or uninterested, I felt like a bother if I asked questions. I think you should really think about it before you send your child to Sibley, for some kids I bet it works great but for me it was awful.

I attended Henry Sibley High School for all four years and graduated a couple years back. I'm in my 20s now and have graduated from college, so this review is from a former student who's now a successful adult. To get to the point: I would not suggest anyone letting their child attend this school due to the teachers they keep on their payroll. Don't get me wrong, the majority of teachers are good with a few above average ones(who are mostly young), but when it comes to the bad teachers: when they are bad, they are downright awful. I've honestly never experienced as much harassment, incompetence, and bad attitudes in all my school years as I did with a few bad apple Sibley teachers. Not only did I suffer emotionally from this kind of thing but my grades also paid the price in several instances. Please, please, do not subject your kid to schools as terrible as Henry Sibley. I really wish I could go into more detail on my experiences with the teachers there but reviews here are unfortunately limited characters.

Honestly, when I describe Henry Sibley to others, the words I use are 90% positive. Although there is noticeable racial and economic diversity, the thing I love most about Sibley is that it is as challenging as you make it. Teachers are incredibly helpful when you need some extra support, and the administration is generally accommodating. Ample extracurricular options on both an athletic and academic scale are an independent reason to consider attending Sibley. Although our football team is not as stellar as the rest of the teams in the conference, we make up for it in basketball, tennis, as well as a handful of other activities. The guidance department does receive some criticism, but a student can work around that. During the past couple years, the school has been completely remodeled which allows for great learning facilities. Overall, I love Sibley and wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Sibley is a very good school!! I've never had such a wonderful experience! I'm a cheerleader there and the school spirit is crazy!! The teachers are wonderful! There's a bit of racial tension, but thanks to a favorite teacher, Mr. Hanson, that is being stopped bit by bit. You gotta love it. It's an experience like no other!

I graduated from Sibley in '07 and I would have to say it provided me with a decent high school education. Specific departments need tremendous amounts of help; more specifically the math department (which completely failed me). The biggest problem with Sibley is that 5 cities (West St. Paul, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Lilydale, and parts of Eagan) differ income wise greatly. The kids coming from Mendota Heights and Lilydale are held back (as I was) by the poorer students attending the school. This is why there is such a high gang rate within Sibley; which is why the Zero-Tolerance rule is a must here!

Sibley has a nationally recognized science and math department.

Last modified Henry Sibley Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.