White Bear South Campus Senior 5

Posted July 14, 2013
The White Bear Schools are outstanding. I graduated this past June and am confident that I will be successful as I move on. I am not at the top of my class (134/567) but am bringing 15 college credits to the University in the fall. White Bear offers so many college credit courses that I was able to select the right courses for me. I liked the split campus (North/South) as the teachers were able to meet our needs at each grade level. I always felt like I was at a school designed for me. The teachers at North Campus were awesome and the teachers at South were great too. I love my high school experience and feel lucky to have been at such a great high school. Go Bears!

White Bear South Campus Senior 1

Posted June 03, 2013
This public school and feeders ( Sunrise) are comparatively, poor quality. It epitomized suburban mediocrity, acceptance & near complete lack of building necessary independent critical thinking skills - evident today in many graduates. Also failed to instill a genuine joy of learning as life long outcome. Differentiated learning, enrichment & careful academic guidance in an open school movement was absent. Years running, undisguised bias against girls from middle school - senior year left generations academically unprepared for college & earnings. A lasting disservice! If this school is succeeding today in any way, it is not by original design - a political fiasco. WB High was touted to tax payer base as architecturally expandable for the future with its intentional circular design (& promised swimming pool). "Mariner" was sold to the City by a long gone private developer packaged with a new fire station for vacant land. The open school idea was born significantly on promised adaptability of the building (no walls) e.g: nursing home or TBD; not on academic soundness of the plan. 624 was left to manage 2 schools, then split campus. Much has been spent in doing so.

White Bear South Campus Senior 5

Posted May 03, 2006
- a former student
South Campus is a great atmosphere for students who are preparing for college. I was an above-average student, by no means an academic all-star (3.3 GPA). I graduated in 2003 with what amounted to be ten credits through the U of M 'College in the Schools' program. I used those college credits toward my minor in German at the Univ. of R.I. and will graduate a semester early because of it. Those are paid for by our school district, and I know I am not the only one who used this superb program in which college curriculum is taught by WBLAHS teachers in WBLAHS classrooms. Very beneficial. The teachers at 'South' are incredible on every academic track, whether they remedial, standard, advanced, or honors courses. They motivate students. One hitch about WBL schools is parental involvement and how it sometimes causes grade inflation. Just beware of that.

White Bear South Campus Senior 1

Posted October 29, 2005
Special education students are put into whatever classes are left not put in classes as the law states. Your child has a right to a free & appropriate education that meet the childs needs not everyone in the class. a child with special education is put into general class of 20 or more students and at a level the child does not understand with no support. the resource room does not always have support available so the student loses out!

White Bear South Campus Senior 3

Posted October 01, 2005

White Bear South Campus Senior 3

Posted April 12, 2005
The cliques at WBL are absolutley disgusting. I am currentley a junior at WBL and have grown up within the school district. I have had the same friends since elementary school. Not much happens between cliques at WB and people can sometimes be not to friendly. The jocks rule and if you are not involved in sports you are not 'in'. The school has awesome academic opp. and great athletic and band programs. Would not fully recomend this school to a new student in the area.

White Bear South Campus Senior 4

Posted September 07, 2004
My students were on the advance placement track and had an excellent education. I am disappointed in the 4 period day in that in some cases the whole time is not well utilized. Also there is a mandatory study hall for 1 semester and this is a huge waste of valuable lesson time.

White Bear South Campus Senior 4

Posted December 29, 2003
I attend this school currently as a senior. I believe it is a good place to send a student, however the number of students in the racial minority are very low. It really is not a friendly place for students of diverse backgrounds. I wish parents were more involved with the education environment of the school, but even still it is a great place to attend. The classes offered are great for a student of any ability, and the school offers many different, fun classes.

White Bear South Campus Senior
3551 McKnight Rd, White Bear Lake, MN  55110
Last modified White Bear South Campus Senior is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Bear South Campus Senior Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top