White Bear Lake, MN

Posted December 16, 2014
I have had two kids come thru this school. Each one of them has had amazing experiences. Teachers structure their plans to the individual as well as the whole class. Technology is implemented daily, they have been spending their money wisely with Chromebooks and iPads. World languages have been a part of their day since Kindergarten, so when they approach middle school they are beyond their peers in advancement. Communication between the teachers and staff to parents is so effortless, and open. I am so happy we chose this school!

Posted December 16, 2014
My son is in 2nd grade and has special needs. He has had amazing teachers that have hone above and beyond to help him be successful! I never imagined he would be doing so well in a mainstreamed classroom for so long. His teachers are passionate about teaching ALL kids and about helping them grow and develop.

Posted December 16, 2014
We have loved Matoska this year! (Our daughter is in Kindergarten) She enjoys her teachers and comes home with new knowledge about music, art or Spanish daily! The teachers and principal pay attention to happenings in the classroom and are firmly gentle about how they deal with issues. It has been a pleasure working with the staff at Matoska.

Matoska International 4

Posted February 07, 2014
We have two kids at Matoska International. We have generally had a very positive experience here. While every family has their own experience and relationship with their child's teacher, we have loved nearly every teacher our kids have had. The arts program is top notch, the more recent attention to science and technology (regular use of Google drive and math and reading apps on new laptops, for example) is trending positive, and we appreciate the focus on character development and the 'whole child' that an IB focus brings. It's true that older families (like ours) may reminisce about the Centerpoint days. It's true it's not entirely parent choice as Centerpoint was. There are kids for whom this is their neighborhood school. We don't view that as a bad thing. We have been very active with this school, have put a lot of volunteer energy into the success of the kids and programs, and we have gotten out of it what we have put in. Our kids have grown academically and socially, have been nurtured and loved by a great group of teachers, specialists, and staff, and we have never felt anything but safe. Communication is strong, and you won't find a more involved group of parents!

Matoska International 2

Posted January 22, 2014
Unfortunately, this school has huge problems with behavior and feeling like a safe environment for their students. They also struggle with testing scores, but always seem to have "excuses" as to why their scores are lower. It once was a fantastic school, and K-1 are excellent. The problems begin with 2-5. Students are NOT challenged at their level and parents have taken their time to go in and teach their higher learners in the hallways. Technology is also not a priority within the entire district. They have a 5 year plan, but it's too little, too late. They are behind in technology, bragging that a SmartBoard in every classroom is their answer. Sadly, disappointed parent. Had REALLY high hopes in the first couple of years.

Matoska International 0

Posted October 03, 2009
This school is amazing. The staff is amazing. The kids are amazing. The school is going through tremendous transitions, with the whole community pitching in and making strides to creating a safe, nurturing environments for young minds to expand.

Matoska International 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff are dedicated< approachable< brilliant and hardworking. They are very welcoming to families and go above and beyond to reach every child and teach them.

Posted November 16, 2008
I really enjoy Parkview. My kids get the extra help they need it when they need it. I think the Kindergarten needs a little help to be less like Centerpoint and more like Parkview. I have three kids in Parkview right now. Becky Peterson is an excellent school coordinator. The Parkview PTO is awesome. Some of the teachers that I think excel at their jobs are Mrs. Walzinski and Mr. Pai. Your kid will get the attention they need here!

Matoska International 1

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted November 28, 2007
I have been a Parkview parent for 5 1/2 years and I couldn't be more pleased with my children's accomplishments. The Parkview staff is highly motivated to educate and shape the students into positive learners and responsible cizitens. While no school is perfect, Parkview teachers and staff are constantly striving to find ways to improve. Some examples include reaching out to community senior groups for mentors and working with local organizations, like the YMCA, to offer swimming lessons and after school programs. Kids are encouraged to become active in their community and to be good role models for the younger students. They take these jobs very seriously and are proud of their accomplishments. I have no doubt my children will be happy, succesful, and confident individuals. Thank you Parkview staff! Job well done!

Matoska International
2530 Spruce Place, White Bear Lake, MN  55110
Last modified Matoska International is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Matoska International Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top