Posted November 14, 2014
We moved to this district in 2010 specifically because of the fantastic schools. Elementary school was an amazing experience. I'm disappointed in the way my daughter's case manager and the assistant principal were quick to dismiss my concerns about my daughter's placement in a class. Neither have ever talked to or met my daughter, and both were determined to consider only hard line test scores. She is now bored to death, getting 100% on her pretests, and her teacher (with 35 kids in the class) has had to go above and beyond to supply her with additional work instead of just putting her into a more advanced class where she truly belongs. Beware of RED TAPE! and extreme inflexibility. I'm afraid another move will be in our future.

Posted June 20, 2014
I am a eighth grader at WMS and I think that this school is a great place to send any kid. The teachers are caring, and love to teach. I must admit the food is not amazing, but no public school has amazing food. The only glaring problem I see in WMS is how it treats kids who have a powerful parents to back them, basically letting them walk over other kids. Despite that the love and amount of fun i experience everyday is overwhelming. WMS offers opportunities to all kinds of kids from basketball players to sewing club, no matter who you are there is a place for you here. The house system they have introduces a fun, competitive rivalry, which culminates every spring with the house cup a great way to go into summer.

Woodbury Middle School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
Im an 8th grade student at this school, and id say this school sucks. The food is TERRIBLE. With the pizza you literally have to get napkins to wipe the grease off (or a cup to pour it in to). The food tastes like grease, and thats what 98% or our lunches are. Our teachers dont even teach (Exept for a few). My social studies, math, and stem teachers have us watch videos and take notes off of them. It is really hard to learn that way because we are never interacting. I think its just the teachers being lazy, to be honest. But, my science teacher is the best teacher i have ever had. He is so great at explaining everything and its really interesting to learn about the world around us. The hallways in this school are way to small for the amount of kids running around. The school hallways here are so scary to be in, like in the middle of a jungle. Kids are everywhere, pushing and running and screaming. Nobody here seems to know how to walk in a hallway. The students at our school need to be punished for their actions, because most of the time they get let off the hook. But instead of punishing students for things that matter, they only focus on taking phones away and making nasty food

Woodbury Middle School 2

Posted May 30, 2013
Hallway behavior, bad. Classroom behavior, worse. Students run roughshod over the staff with few repercussions from the principal. Why would students stop bullying and acting out if there are no consequences?

Posted April 26, 2013
I was very excited for my son to start at Woodbury Middle School this year. I had read and heard so many great things about the school. My son had learning disabilities and I had heard that WMS did a great job with special ed. students. The year started out great and I will say that academically my son has had his best year yet. My son ended up getting into a little bit of trouble while letting himself be coerced by another student. When I contacted the school about his punishment the school principle didn't want to hear anything I had to say. She wouldn't decided it was better that we "agree to disagree", and frankly I don't want to agree to disagree when it comes to my child's education. After that conversation I had tried to reach the superintendent twice with no response as well as send an email to my son's case worker at school. Nobody could get back in touch with me and when I expressed my concern again at conferences I was told I should call again! Hello! How many times do I have to call again? I do not believe that WMS or it's staff really cared about my child as a student there. If they had someone would have gotten in touch with me.

Woodbury Middle School 2

Posted November 02, 2012
The earlier reviews don't tell about the way kids bully the teachers or the way the kids act. I have a hard time studying here.

Posted May 16, 2011
Woodbury Junior is now Woodbury Middle School with grades 6-8. I cannot say enough good things about this school. Principal Kari Lopez is fabulous. She has a completely open door policy with staff, students, and parents, and she is totally student centered, always making decisions based on what is best for them. She has assembled a wonderful team of teachers. They are both great teachers in the classroom and hold their students to high standards in many areas of their lives both in and out of the classroom. Woodbury Middle's PTO is a strong vibrant organization very welcoming of new parents. They are focused on continuously working to build the community of Woodbury Middle. The student community is strong. School sponsored events sometimes draw half the student body. And student test scores are strong and growing. It's a great school!

Posted April 02, 2009
I was never good at making friends or any of my classes at other schools, but my first year in 7th grade at WJH I learned so much I never thought possible! Not just academically but I learned more about myself and I made so many friends. It didn t matter how much money my family had or what I wore or what music I listened to everyone liked me for me! Recently I transferred to Lake Jr. High its nice but it doesn t have that feeling that makes it home.

Posted October 08, 2008

Posted October 04, 2006
This is a great school! Wonderful education, teachers and principal who manages and takes action when problems occur. My child had a wonderful 1st year at Woodbury Jr. High!

Woodbury Middle School
1425 School Dr, Woodbury, MN  55125
Last modified Woodbury Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodbury Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top