Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Strongly disagree, hundreds times disagree. On the contrary, I am afraid it is manipulated and used to punish not only kids also parents. My wife quitted her job and went to school every day, thinking she could protect our six years old. My poor kid was taking punch, slap in the face, some time they were spitting on him, verbal aggression, isolated and scared. We asked for Para for watching so that she could deter these little kids with the same age basically. He was coming home crying, and begging us to stay home the next day. Usually the excuse from teacher was " I don't have eyes at the back of my head", actually in some cases slaps, punches were happing in front teacher and with our existence. Administration said it was mutual conflict and emails usually about, my son deserved the punch or slap. I emailed many times every one including principal begging for help.

Supports LD students: Neutral

Special education has some very passionate professionals, such Mrs.Carr. She is born for this job. But they are under tremendous pressure of regular education and administration. My impression they are scared of retaliations. I am not sure but seems there is a kind of hierarchy, where initiation is held by regular education. In some instances, special education was giving small rewards to my son. Almost the same day, regular education class room teacher was taking the reward back, finding some thing wrong at him.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

One for All, all for One. Who cares any thing else. Education of young minds? The main theme, us versus them. I don't even remember how many times I repeated, "Parents are equal partners in education".

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My observation was totally different. Administration was encouraging strong culture of loyalty to people, rather than principals of educating strong, objective personalities. The main theme was, "One for All, All for One" either in staff (just 5 or 6 people I met) and in the peer group. I think especially administration needs to be trained on basic definition of a team. A team may turn to a gang easily, once members prefer to be loyal on the leader or other member instead of objective, truthful approaches. Of course retaliation is natural result of this kind of group thinking or behavior.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Most of the work was oriented to prepare kids to certain types of questions, possibly they will face in the computerized exams. Some questions were wrong, or poorly verbalized, so that classroom teacher had to provide additional explanations to kids, and my son was not the lucky one being whispered to his left ear usually. Later we found out my son was not able to hear certain group higher frequencies at his left ear. Now he is using hearing aid.

I'm a former student and felt I had so many positive teachers who made it easier to learn! When my family moved away I realized the stark contrast of the warn down, grumpy teachers and kids that were allowed to bully each other at the school I had to attend. I can't say how it is now, but I can say I wish I could send my son there with how terrific my experience was! Growing up is hard and scary, this school made it all that much easier! Other schools make it torturous!!!! I never had name brand clothes and here I didn't notice, until I went to a different school at least 15 years ago!

As a former student of this school. I must say it was the best elementary school that I EVER attended. (I'm a freshman in highschool now). I've moved around my whold life and have been in 7 different schools. Bailey Elementary is the place to be.

I was so worried about sending my baby boy off to kindergarten. We live in Woodbury and our son was assigned to another school, however, after hearing such great things about Gordon Bailey Elementary we applied to transfer him there instead and I am so thankful we did. He loves school! He is learning so quickly and making friends and really thriving overall. We couldn't be happier with his teacher, (I wish I could name her here!), she really cares about her students and seems genuinely interested in their success. Overall, a GREAT school! :)

I'm actually a grandma and we are looking for an elementary school for my 4 year old grandson. I'm a teacher myself so am looking for a challenging but nurturing environment for him. Pls keep me updated about happenings at Bailey and thank you!

Bailey Elementary has fabulous staff especially within the Special Education area. Both my daughters attended Bailey for their entire elementary careers and we enjoyed every day!

Last modified Gordon Bailey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.