Woodbury, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 18, 2014
There is only one word I would use to describe this school: LOVE. Everyone here is just so loving. Teachers and administrators actually care for the students enrolled at New Life Academy. Every student works together for the common goal of bettering every other student. But in specifics the schools principle is the best leader for our school. He gets and understands kids. Every teacher has a actually passion for teaching and wants their students to learn. The best decision my family ever made. God has been guiding our students through the lives of the factuality at NLA. The building itself is almost brand new. Also the school curriculum calls for the use of technology in the class room to help kids in the future due to the mass advancement of technology. My kids can not stop talk about their education. I am so happy the way God continues to bless our family through New Life Academy.

Posted November 13, 2014
My family has been so blessed by New Life Academy! The genuine care and concern showed to my 3 children has exceeded any expectation I had. We have lived in different areas and have several different school experiences...by far the exceptional learning environment NLA provides will make a lifelong difference for my children. Outstanding Christ-centered education with loving staff that care deeply for their students and are very approachable and hands on.

Posted November 12, 2014
As a parent of children who have attended New Life Academy since my kids were very small, I have the highest appreciation for the staff. They are the most caring and loving staff that you will find. From Kids Day Out- Elementary (which my kids are in now), my children were both showered with love and attention each day. The staff at Kids Day Out always were very welcoming and let me know how my child's day was. They were creative, and when my child was having a rough day, the director and the teachers in my children's classes would call to let me know. I appreciated when they did that to let me know as a mom. I did not want my children to be crying all day and I think that is one part of the Kids Day Out Program that sets them apart. They care for our children!!! The elementary teachers here at New Life also do an excellent job of teaching our children what it is to be Christ like and continue to push our children to be the best that they can be in all areas, socially, spiritually, and academically. My children have loved coming to school each day since they were 6 months old and we can't think of a better school for our children to attend!

Posted November 12, 2014
I have never encountered a school where the teachers and administration care so much about the students more than at New Life Academy. I've had my children in the Parents Day Out program and at both the elementary and high schools. As a parent, I am so pleased with the high academic standards as well as the care and concern my children receive from the teachers. This is great place to send your kids.

New Life Academy 1

Posted October 05, 2014
My child participated in the Kids Day Out program which turned out to be an extremely bad experience for my child and family. The Director was friendly at first and did a good job in selling their program which was in the process of becoming licensed as a daycare by the State of MN. After attending for a few weeks, the Director became unwelcoming and quite rude. Each week when I dropped my child off, the staff was rude as well and you could easily tell that they did not like their jobs. Many of the workers are not into small talk and won't even chat with you about how your child's day was. It seems like all the kids hated it there as I always saw several children screaming their heads off every time I was there. I truly got a sense that the workers did not care about my child. Especially if you have a special needs child, they are not trained nor do they have the skills to deal with special needs children. There is no compassion. Please don't send your child here!
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 10, 2013
New Life Academy is a blessing! NLA cares about all aspects of the whole student - physical health, mental health, spiritual development and of course, their academic progress. The teachers are outstanding and provide a stellar education to the student body. The students are assessed on a continual basis to ensure their success. The teachers/staff genuinely care about the quality of education offered at NLA and regularly participate in professional development to carry out this goal. They live out their mission statement : "We are here to educate and energize each student to impact their world for Jesus Christ and to reach their full potential in scholarship, leadership and service out of love for God and one another."

Posted December 10, 2013
New Life is exactly the balanced education my kids need. Covering both strong academics as well as nurturing the soul. Classes are small enough that teachers can make a big impact on the students and differentiate their learning. There are many great offerings to challenge our students as well as strong extracurriculars. We wouldn't consider sending our kids anywhere else!!

New Life Academy 2

Posted June 12, 2013
A fair review would be to say that there are many fine Christians there working hard; but there are classes that did not cover as much of the curriculum as expected. I hoped for more feedback on homework. Some teachers are attentive, some are too busy with their computers. Focus seems to be on fundraising and enrollment; would be nice to see detailed MAP, SAT, and ACT scores posted and news on plans to increase them. . There is little to nothing available for students who struggle and no oversight of what services they do claim to offer. If your child receives extra help ask for plans, reports and testing data showing growth.

New Life Academy 2

Posted June 12, 2013

Posted September 03, 2012
New Life Academy is a great school with an outstanding administration, as well as great teachers. Having teachers that are no only outstanding teachers, but teachers that are really concerned about the total well being of your child means a lot. NLA is constantly striving to for excellence in all that they do. We have known several NLA graduates that went on to do well in college and to be strong Godly people.

New Life Academy