Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 31, 2015
I wrote the previous post and submitted it before I should have. When I said that there were obnoxious kids there, I should also say, that they are not the majority. There are many very sweet, well-mannered kids there. Although I notice a growing trend in a lack of general courtesy towards others--saying please and thank you, holding the door for the person behind you, saying excuse me if you need to get past someone , etc...--this is from the grown ups! So , again, kids modeling bad manners. Where are these kids supposed to learn good manners from if not adults?

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 30, 2015
I'd have to say, I have come across some of the most obnoxious kids here! They suffer from the plague of "entitlement". Again, I don't fault them completely. Generally speaking, they are usually only a reflection of what is modeled for them at home. Parents that believe that they can *buy* favor that they aren't willing or interested in working for--usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 30, 2015
During Christmas time, the student council does a collection of things to donate to the local homeless shelter, or food shelf. While I think it is a nice gesture, I'd like to see a donation box out by the front office (or somewhere very easily accessible) year-round where the kids can donate to the same causes. It can serve as a reminder that students (and staff, and their parents for that matter) that there are people who are not as fortunate as themselves all year, not just at Christmas time. But I still think that compassion,caring, and empathy are best learned when *modeled* by the caregivers in a child's life.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 30, 2015
While I think a school can implement "character education" programs, I feel *very* strongly, that this responsibility falls primarily on the parent. Having said that, in a situation where that is not an option, a good, caring, teacher can make a valuable, lasting impression on a child from a broken home.

Liberty Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2015
I have a child who has graduated from the AP program offered here, as well as one who still attends here.My experience as the *parent*, has been different than that of my kids. It's very important for me to find out from my kids what *they* think the rating should be. They gave it a "good!", so I'll go with it too. Far be it from me to "taint" my kids' sweet and innocent view of life with my cynical "adult" perspective! I'm not sure what "...teaching different programs about many different kinds of cultures..." a previous parent was referring to, but unless he/she is talking about the one page report that the students in the ESL(Eng. as 2nd Lang.) class write about being from a different country, or having parents from a different country, that are then posted around the door of the ESL room (As opposed to posting them in a more public space to be seen/read by more people.),not sure what "cultural lessons" they're talking about. I think it is the article on diversity that has prompted me to write this post in the first place. While *I* have dealt with *repeated* ignorance based on lack of knowledge of life outside of "what they know" with people like themselves mostly, I am grateful that in spite of the parents "fear of what they don't know" (read:racism;very subtle,mind you. i.e.,a parent letting their child go over to a white classmate's house for a playdate,but is a little more..."cautious" of their child going over to the non-white kid's house for the same.Yes, it has happened to me), this bias has not reached the classrooms- My child had a PHENOMENAL 3rd grade teacher whom we loved! She set her standards high, and although it was challenging, she believed that the kids had what it took to reach that goal. It's funny that she has a reputation for being kind of mean and scary, but my child *raved* about her after she was in her class. At the end of the school year,each year, she cranks on the water heater, and invites the *whole* class to a pool party in her backyard at home! She has definitely made the biggest impression on me out of all the teachers. So! If you are looking for a school that will teach your child what he/she needs to move up to the next grade, Liberty Ridge teachers are fine. If you are looking for your child to leave there with a more enhanced global perspective of people and places, maybe subscribe to the Natl.Geographic Channel.

Posted April 04, 2014
This is an amazing school. I have had three kids in this school over the past seven years. I love how the diversity level is increasing, as well as teaching different programs about many different kinds of cultures including awareness of special needs. This school also has a special ed department that hosts the biggest autism program in the district. My kids have learned so much more than a great education due to the many opportunities this school offers! Amazing group of staff, and kids!!!!

Liberty Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2014
This school is not all it's cracked up to be. The material being taught may be advanced, but it seemed the teachers are pushing to get things done fast without making sure all the kids are actually learning and understanding. I'm seriously considering pulling my kids out. They've never ever had problems keeping up until coming to this school. The size of the school (approx. 900 students!) also makes it feel very impersonal; like your child is just a number being pushed through the system. The only standout positives in my opinion are the Spanish & Music programs; these truly seem to be catering to students of all levels.

Posted January 10, 2012
Our daughter is a first grader and in her second year at liberty ridge. The teachers are amazing. Both her K teacher and her 1st grade teacher were in daily communication with parents as well as weekly newsletters, etc. They have leveled math at the first grade level based on topics (children are assessed before and after each unit) to ensure they are being appropriately challenged and the teachers are meeting the students needs. Excellent leadership. They added an assistant principal for the 2011-12 school year and this has has a very positive impact on the school. Office personnel are helpful and friendly.

Posted February 27, 2011
Son in kindergarten. He loves the school. The kids are great. The teachers are very caring. There is alot of communication established between the teachers and parents. Very well organized in my opinion.

Posted June 28, 2008
Please ignore the previous review. someone has their schools mixed up! Liberty Ridge Elementary is an excellent school all around. The teachers are brilliant, and very motivating. The work is challenging for the students, yet it is a very caring environment.

11395 Eagle View Blvd, Woodbury, MN  55129
Last modified Liberty Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.