PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district
512 students|Choctaw Co School Dist

Bad
Good

I came to this school from Michigan and my son loves it. The teachers are all great and the the principal is willing to help in any situation. This school is within a small town, but the amount of children they service is vast. They know everyone's name and have no problem correcting children who get out of hand. The way the schools here are ran, there wont be any problems the teachers and counselors see problems and get them corrected immediately.

I think our school deserves a five star rating from the principal to the teacher. We have quality teachers and office staff. The parents are very involved with the school. The safety at the school is excellent, I never have to worry about my child. The school always provides extra activities to involve the students. This is a five star school.

I know my children are cared for and taught well everyday. The leadership and discipline is wonderful at AES. I am very pleased.

Ackerman elementary is a great school i give it 4 stars

Mr. Blaine is the most wonderful principal. He goes out of the way to care for the children. My son loves him to death.

I love this school system. Our principal,asst. principal, and teachers are wonderful helpful caring and truely concerned. I do fell that the school could and should have art as well as music . Who says one class is more important that the other . Also the gifted program and the teacher are wonderful. I love you AES thanks for taking care of my boys .

I attended Ackerman Elementary School as a child and swore I would never, ever have my own child attend it. Unfortunately, things happened and he is now attending AES. Besides Mr. Blaine, everything about AES remains the same. I will not say all of the teachers are there strictly for the money, but I will say that the majority of them are not there because they 'love' to teach. My childs teacher never smiles, shows no love for the children and pretty much gave up on my son a long time ago. Instead of the teachers trying to encourage the children and build self-esteem them, they (the ones I have dealt with personally) seem bent on striking fear in them for not catching on quickly enough. I can't say enough the regret I feel for ever enrolling my child here. He will not be attending this school next year.

I attended AES and now my daughter is enrolled. We only have one more year before she moves on to jr high, and I will miss AES terribly. We moved back from another state to enable my child to attend AES. Mr. Blaine is great and goes above and beyond for the students and parents. We have a wonderful PTO and they provide plenty of extras for the kids and school. Activities are many. My daughter signs up for everything and keeps me very busy.

I am not pleased with this school at all. I would move to another district before enrolling your children in this school. Children are not allow to talk during lunch and will be sent to recess dete[n]tion if they do. Teachers are not equip with the latest tools to teach our children appropriately. This school needs more training. No art programs. Materials seem to be limited or old. They do not meet the needs of special needs children compared to other schools.

Last modified Ackerman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.