Ashland High School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
I graduated in 1990 from Ashland HIgh. I have nothing but horrible memories from that place. It was like going to school in a prison. It was so run down then that I cant imagine what it is like now. Doesn't anyone care about the students?

Posted May 01, 2010
I have worked at AMS. I disagree with all of your comments. The reason the students are so negative and don't care about the schools are because of people like you all. Its not the school, its the community of people that do not care. The administrators and teacher try their best to make sure that our students get the best education possible. Have you ever checked with the surounding colleges to see how many our students actually attned college and graduate. We have had several studnets to be accepted into the honors college at Ole Miss. We have doctors, lawyers, professors, researchers, and many others sucessful people that come from thusa school. Do you all ever make mention of this? Try be more positive about the school instead of always tearing it down.

Posted July 22, 2009
I attended Ashland Middle school for 1 yr & it was very difficult because there were little to no resources for education in the form of books,computers,or learning material.I felt I was trapped in 1920's, pre-integration.Fights were rampant & it was not safe if you were not a wild fighter.It was a sad state of affairs & school as mainly about kids trying to date one another and that was it.

Ashland High School 4

Posted July 19, 2008

Ashland High School 4

Posted December 02, 2006
The teachers and staff of Ashland Middle and High school are caring people that take pride in their school and instill the same principles in their students. The schools are old, but the janitors make sure the buildings are clean at all times. All children like to clown in school...didn't you? It's the parents job to make sure that their children are behaving at school. It's time for parents to start being parents! The teachers can not rear your children. Let's start encouraging the teachers and the students of our community.

Ashland High School 1

Posted September 09, 2006
I myself have seen better school. This school is run down and in poor condition. Its just outta date. Most of the teachers dont have anycontrol over their students. Most students are there just to clown around and the teachers spend all theyre time yelling anf fussing at the clowns that the students who actually want to learn cant. I think the only teacher there who is very affective is mrs. Cockrell. And there are no extra cirricluar activiteis except for the majority's talent. For instance, basketball. Not everyone can play basketball. I think they can do alot better.

Posted February 20, 2004
- a former student
Ashland High is such a disgrace to the community the students there are so ungreatful to what ever the teachers or anyone else try to give them (education wise).

Ashland High School
101 School St, Ashland, MS  38603
Last modified Ashland High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashland High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top