6-8 & Ungraded
Bay St. Louis, MS

Bay Waveland Middle School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
Some of the teachers are great and some are ok. There is a lot of bullying going on and we moved because of this too. My daughter liked the school - the hassles with mean students. Office does nothing to help or stop it. Liked the area but not the middle school. My son in high school did well there. They sit beside each other.

Posted December 02, 2013
Some of my teachers are rude and mumble but if you dont hear them you get in trouble and if you ask what they said they tell you that you shold have listened to them. If you aint part of the in crowd they dont listen to you anway. I cant wait to get out of here and go to high school. They stand outside of the lunch room to see if you have a jacket that they agree to or they take it away no mater how cold it is.

Posted November 25, 2013
School does not address bullying issues even though they will admit they have them. Beware! At first glance it appears to be a great school...that appearance will change if you ever need to go to them. The vice principle will change his story to protect his lack of professionalism and actual ability to make a difference. They appear more interested in protecting those who are troubled children. Shame really. We liked the area but are relocating due to their lack of caring for their students.

Posted November 25, 2013
The principle is beyond useless and does not return phone calls. More concerned about her appearance than her children.

Posted April 30, 2010
This school is a very tough school, I moved from gmms to bwms and I was a straight a student now Im struggling just to keep at an average 3.0. Im not in favor of all the staff at Bay Middle but thats my oppinon. Overall though this school is a good school except a few minor flaws.

Posted September 19, 2009
Excellent education, caring staff, wonderful student body, teachers and principal!

Posted May 10, 2009
the no jacket policy is horrible!! i get like super cold like really easily and it's always cold. they need art classes. the teachers need to be nicer. it is not fair teachers can have electronics gum and wear what ever they want! omg!

Bay Waveland Middle School 5

Posted January 30, 2005
I have a child in the 8th grade. This school has not only met my expectations but has far exceeded them. To those parents that think the school policy is too harsh, you must not living in the same world as the rest of us. Let your kids do wrong and they will. We all should thank the scholl for the fine job they are doing. I feel safe sending my child to school every day. We must only look at the test scores as compared to the state average. Keep up the excellant work.

Bay Waveland Middle School 3

Posted January 29, 2005
First of all I think it's not fair that we have to have a no jacket rule! If the issue about not wearing a jacket is because we can smuggle drugs,guns,etc. then what is the point of having on socks or having pockets on our pants?We can just as easily smuggle drugs in our socks or any other clothing spot just as we can in jackets. I think it is not fair that we cannot be who we really are because we are stuck with uniforms that make us all alike. Im sure we kids would do alot better in school knowing we are ourselves and not stuck with clothing chosen by other people. Who really cares what we're wearing anyway?.So whats the point? As long as we get good grades it shouldnt matter what we wear. I do however like the extracurricular activities.

Bay Waveland Middle School 2

Posted January 05, 2005
This is my second year at the middle school and some of the rules are crazy!!!!First of all the whole thing with no jackets I don't understand.Do not tell a student they may not wear a jacket if you are going to do it yourself.Why do we even have uniforms in the first place?A student should be able to express their individuality.We can't wearing the same thing!This mandatory uniform policy needs to be removed.I heard there was a poll done for uniforms and that most of the parents wanted them.Have they done a poll since they issued a uniform policy?I doubt it!

600 Pine St, Bay St. Louis, MS  39520
Last modified Bay Waveland Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Waveland Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top