Biloxi, MS

Posted May 09, 2014
My son has gone to this school for kindergarten and first grade.To be honest I have been very disappointed.Their curriculum is odd even at that level to say the least.My son brings home math homework and I can't begin to try to help him understand the way they want him to work out the problems because it is something I have never seen before in my life.I asked his teacher to help me understand so I can help him.Her answer to me was to be honest she didn't understand either.Thank goodness I am retired from the military now and can get my child out of this school district.

Posted January 30, 2014
I hate this school. My children have been attending this school for a short time. During this time they have watched many movies, which doesn't make very good use of education time. My children have regressed from where they were at when they started attending jeff davis. The teachers and principal truly seem to care about the students but do not have quality curriculum to teach them with. I have a child who is so confused by what they have taught him in math that he seems unable to solve problems that he could solve last school year. I find grammar errors on their language homework. Grammar rules on those same papers are so confusing that I'm not sure how they expect any of the children to understand. I'm very disappointed in this school and am extremely concerned for my children.

Posted January 16, 2014
My daughter has been here for two years now and I have been very pleased. I love the teachers and the principal. I don't have any complaints.

Posted July 18, 2013
Go to a private school. My daughter had a traumatizing experience here, to say the least.

Posted June 21, 2013
Both of my kids attended JD over last 3 yrs and could not be happier with the teachers and entire administration. Military families...this is the school you want your kids in. They care about the kids and keep great communication with parents. If any parent disagrees, I wonder if Dr Nelson was involved, but after 3 yrs/ 10 teachers, I've never had a problem. Best PTA involvement/activities for kids. Rewards programs galore.Thriving A/B Honor roll kids and I do believe it is bc this school encourages and celebrates EVERY little milestone.

Posted June 21, 2013
One of the best schools I have ever attended.Sure, maybe the teachers will yell at your kid or yell in general, but kids need discipline. Have you ever thought maybe it was your kid doing all the problems, like roaming the halls, or talking in class? It isn't the teachers faults, so I don't know why you guys are writing bad reviews.Personally, as an All A Honor roll student, the 10 year old in Create, the kid who attended this school for 5 years, this is personally the best school I've ever been to. Schools who just say move your clip, you acted up, I don't know why you like these schools better, you will never get proper discipline, and your kids might like the teachers, but they probably only like them because they'll never get caught when they act up. There is nothing Jeff Davis should improve, but I have had successful grades and thats from the wonderful teachers that teach there. So the people complaining about yelling, I think you've got it all wrong

Posted June 16, 2013
Jeff Davis was AMAZING!! The teachers were awesome, the Principal was always evolved knew all the kids and their parents! Being military we have moved to Colorado and whoever said schools up north were better is crazy! It took me 2 years to even see the Principal in Colorado. We definitely miss Jeff Davis!!!!

Posted May 22, 2013
Jeff Davis Elementary School is a wonderful school. I have one son who attended this school. I absolutely loved all of the teachers and staff. My son has had many great things happen to him due to the teaching he recieved. He had all A honor roll each year and perfect scores on his MCT2 tests. He also participated in robotics, the stock market game, CSI Biloxi, and many moreprograms. Thank you to ALL of the staff at Jeff Davis Elementary School for great years. Best school!!!

Posted May 14, 2013
We miss Jeff Davis! With being a military family, my children have been to 3 schools. Our favorite, by far, has been Jeff Davis. We were welcomed with open arms. I cant say enough great things about the staff! From the custodians, to lunch ladies, to teachers and the administration, they all made it a great experience. Dr. Nelson is one in a million! She is an intelligent, strong, beautiful southern woman. You can see the love she has for the students. When my son was admitted to the hospital, she took time out of her schedule to call and check on him! It has been very hard to be at other schools because no one can top this principal and staff. Mrs. Pettigrew is an amazing teacher. She is a hands on teacher. I was thrilled when my prayers were answered and she was Jake's 2nd grade teacher. Mrs. Rushing and Mrs. Allen are a dream team. They balance each other out perfectly. Mrs. Clemons was one of my son's favorite teachers. He always enjoyed her class,especially since he would learn more unique things than the regular classroom. I could go on and on. If we could move back to Biloxi, we would in a heartbeat. Especially for this school! We will never forget Jeff Davis Elementary!

Posted January 16, 2013
This is one of the worst schools I've ever had to deal with. My daughter has attended this school for 2 years now and I have seen no changes or improvement the quality of her education. No matter how hard I try to be involved with her teachers and education it seems like I'm always getting the "brush off", they want to try to make it seem like everything is ok when it is every but. I have tried numerous times to schedule teacher conferences so that I may be informed as to what is going on with her grades and to no avail have they attempted to give schedule a date and time for this. I would also like to mention that security is a joke at this school as well, I've witnessed multiple times people walking about the school and no one seems to question as to who they are and what they are doing there. There have also been 3 incidents where the school has "lost" my child, and when I say "lost" I mean, the teachers had no idea where she was at in the school. My husband had to go and find her one day because they had sent her to the library by herself and she didn't have any idea where it was. Over all the teachers do no care, and they have too many students in this school for my liking.

Jeff Davis Elementary School
340 St Mary Blvd, Biloxi, MS  39531
Last modified Jeff Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jeff Davis Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top