K-5 & Ungraded
Biloxi, MS
After care: No

Posted July 24, 2013
I have two children that attend Popps Ferry and we have had a wonderful experience. The teachers have done a wonderful job preparing my children for middle school both with curriculum and building confidence. Great leadership, positive attitude, lots of good energy and very good communication has been our experience. My kids love going to school at Popps Ferry.

Posted July 06, 2013
We are very happy with the leadership of the staff and the quality of the education at Popps Ferry. The school has a positive learning environment and a fair and consistent behavior program. The staff is kind and compassionate to the children and parents. We are very pleased and looking forward to another great school year.

Popps Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2013
We have two children currently enrolled at Popp's Ferry and they, and we, are very happy. We have had attentive teachers who pay attention to the individual children as well as the needs of the class. There is an active PTO with good parental involvement.

Posted July 05, 2013
Continued from previous post: We never had a problem with bullying and although the school is diversified (which is a major plus when it comes to exposing your child to people from all walks of life), everyone was treated with equal respect and all received the same quality education. My son doesn't know color and gets a long with everyone. I love that this school teaches equality. CREATE (gifted) was also a great program. My son loved the one day a week he was able to be creative and not be strapped to a desk all day doing book work. The only thing I was concerned with, and I think it was more of a lack of communication between me and his teacher more than anything, was the AR reading program. He fell behind but I wasn't made aware until it was too late. Again, I believe this was miscommunication, not the teacher's fault. In closing, I can't say enough good things about this school. They actually care about the individual student and not the state test scores, like a lot of schools. I only hope his new school is as great as Popps Ferry.

Posted June 06, 2011
Hi!, I'm Amanda, A student that went to Popp's Ferry since kindergarten, They don't serve 6th grade anymore, They go to Biloxi Junior High school, but anyway, I love love love LOVED this school! The teachers cared for their students and I learned ALOT! And you almost ALWAYS find 2-5 people who like what you like!

Posted September 28, 2009
Both of my children got a very fine education there!

Posted September 28, 2009
Popp's Ferry has a great faculty, staff, students and community support!!!

Posted September 22, 2009
The staff is on top of keeping the kids motivated at the same time feeling safe..................

Posted September 20, 2009
The administration is very tuned in to the staff and students.

Posted September 17, 2009
The faculty is awesome and they handle & teach the children the way a school should..Very refreshing!!

Popps Ferry Elementary School
364 Nelson Rd, Biloxi, MS  39531
Last modified Popps Ferry Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Popps Ferry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top