Posted July 12, 2013
My son loves OES. Some of these posts are suprising. Starting at Meet the Teacher night, the parents are encouraged to participate. I have been called for help on many instances. My son received extra help in reading to get him up to speed, and he really excelled last year. He is excited about starting 2nd grade and can't wait to see who his teacher will be. Our principal has retired, so we're eager to meet our new staff and look forward to this coming year.

Posted September 26, 2010
This school is not in order, the teachers do not teach the kids very good, they send home tons of homework for the parents to do with the kids! It's a hassle to get conferences with them. They are rude to the kids and parents. I would not recommend this school unless alot of changes are made. I think they need a male principal up there to keep the teachers in line, or a principal that can run the show instead of letting the teachers run wild! I also think the teachers need to follow rules just as they want our children too, they talk on phones while they are in the classrooms teaching, they text, and eat in front of kids. They leave the kids unattended as well. The reason I know is because I have been up there, and seen this go on alot, not just 1 occasion.

Posted September 24, 2010
This school does not care about children that have trouble in school it makes them look to bad. My sons teacher pushes him to the side and is very unfair to him. She lets other kids pick on him and call him names she lets him fail school and tells us that this grade is to hard and how dare you call her about this. He is making stright F and she fails to help him. We are moving just so our kids can to another school. This school is a big joke!!!

Posted April 01, 2010
I have nothing, but praise for this school, starting with the principal to the teachers, teachers aides and even the janitors this school is so clean and such a fabulous place to be to get the best education possible. I can't say enough about the school and it's incredible teachers they go way beyond the call of duty to educate these children! A plus

Posted July 30, 2008
I went in to this school with complete confidence that my child's education would be great--but soon found out the complete opposite. I would completely NOT recommend this school. I personally volunteered to teach art classes since it was not offered at the school, and quite often parties and movies were used as fillers for empty class time. Also, homework sent home was excessive for the grade level.

Posted March 09, 2008
My child has attended Oakdale since it opened its doors. I am very pleased with his education. I am perplexed about some of the reviews that have been posted. This school is a 5 star level school! I come from the south Mississippi area and my parents had to send me to a private school K-12th grade because the public school system is horrible in the Adams County area. I feel blessed that my child can get such a great education! Every teacher he has had since Kindergarten (he is now in third grade) has been kind and caring and concerned in his education. He has struggled with math and his teachers have really given him a lot of extra help. He also had speech lessons since kindergarten with the last year in his second grade. You would not believe the improvement in his speech, total turnaround! I highly recommend OES!

Posted January 30, 2008
I love this school. The teachers are caring and professional. They love the children. We are disappointed that we have to go the new school next year. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 20, 2007
This is an excellent school. I have four children and all of them have attended Oakdale. The teachers and administrators have accomodated us in every way. I haven't had any trouble with my emails or phone messages being answered. My children have been taught by high quality teachers. The teachers motivate and challenge my children. They enjoy going to school every day. I know that they are fully prepared for the next grade every year. If there are any doubts about your child attending this school, I suggest that you give the administrators a call and schedule a tour. I know you will be pleased and impressed after your visit.

Posted October 12, 2007
I was very disappaointed as well. I have two kids at Oakdale. Both have 26 in their classes. In one class it seem chaotic and e-mails were more usually unreturned. The second my child needs speech, I ask the teacher to get a speech test done. Nine weeks in and it is not done. Today is my kids last day at this school.

Posted October 12, 2007
- a former student
We moved to Oakdale after transferring from out of state in the middle of last year. We have been very pleased with the teachers and staff and the level of learning. We moved from an A+ rated Florida school and we were behind in our reading, math and english when we entered Oakdale. We have since caught up due to the outstanding teaching. Both of our children have a teacher and assistant. Chris

Oakdale Elementary School
171 Oakdale Rd, Brandon, MS  39047
Last modified Oakdale Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakdale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top