PK-5 & Ungraded|Public district
563 students|Rankin Co School Dist

Bad
Good

The teachers are fantastic and really care about the children! The test scores are good and my child has been pushed to meet her potential!

Oakdale Elementqary Innovative, child oriented. Teacher genuinely care about the education of the children under their care. Parents and grandparents are encouraged to participate.

My son loves OES. Some of these posts are suprising. Starting at Meet the Teacher night, the parents are encouraged to participate. I have been called for help on many instances. My son received extra help in reading to get him up to speed, and he really excelled last year. He is excited about starting 2nd grade and can't wait to see who his teacher will be. Our principal has retired, so we're eager to meet our new staff and look forward to this coming year.

This school is not in order, the teachers do not teach the kids very good, they send home tons of homework for the parents to do with the kids! It's a hassle to get conferences with them. They are rude to the kids and parents. I would not recommend this school unless alot of changes are made. I think they need a male principal up there to keep the teachers in line, or a principal that can run the show instead of letting the teachers run wild! I also think the teachers need to follow rules just as they want our children too, they talk on phones while they are in the classrooms teaching, they text, and eat in front of kids. They leave the kids unattended as well. The reason I know is because I have been up there, and seen this go on alot, not just 1 occasion.

This school does not care about children that have trouble in school it makes them look to bad. My sons teacher pushes him to the side and is very unfair to him. She lets other kids pick on him and call him names she lets him fail school and tells us that this grade is to hard and how dare you call her about this. He is making stright F and she fails to help him. We are moving just so our kids can to another school. This school is a big joke!!!

I have nothing, but praise for this school, starting with the principal to the teachers, teachers aides and even the janitors this school is so clean and such a fabulous place to be to get the best education possible. I can't say enough about the school and it's incredible teachers they go way beyond the call of duty to educate these children! A plus

I went in to this school with complete confidence that my child's education would be great--but soon found out the complete opposite. I would completely NOT recommend this school. I personally volunteered to teach art classes since it was not offered at the school, and quite often parties and movies were used as fillers for empty class time. Also, homework sent home was excessive for the grade level.

My child has attended Oakdale since it opened its doors. I am very pleased with his education. I am perplexed about some of the reviews that have been posted. This school is a 5 star level school! I come from the south Mississippi area and my parents had to send me to a private school K-12th grade because the public school system is horrible in the Adams County area. I feel blessed that my child can get such a great education! Every teacher he has had since Kindergarten (he is now in third grade) has been kind and caring and concerned in his education. He has struggled with math and his teachers have really given him a lot of extra help. He also had speech lessons since kindergarten with the last year in his second grade. You would not believe the improvement in his speech, total turnaround! I highly recommend OES!

I love this school. The teachers are caring and professional. They love the children. We are disappointed that we have to go the new school next year. Keep up the good work!

This is an excellent school. I have four children and all of them have attended Oakdale. The teachers and administrators have accomodated us in every way. I haven't had any trouble with my emails or phone messages being answered. My children have been taught by high quality teachers. The teachers motivate and challenge my children. They enjoy going to school every day. I know that they are fully prepared for the next grade every year. If there are any doubts about your child attending this school, I suggest that you give the administrators a call and schedule a tour. I know you will be pleased and impressed after your visit.

Last modified Oakdale Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.