Highland Bluff Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2013
My son attended for part of a semester before he was able to switch to a different RCSD school. I found Highland Bluff to be entirely too focused on testing to the point where kids were barely getting a recess period. That may work for some, but my kid absolutely could not sit for hours doing work without some way to blow off steam. And of course, if they have any discipline problems, one of the first things to be taken away is what little recreational time they were lucky to get; I don't think they understand that exercise and social interaction aren't special privileges but needs. They're as vital to any decent student as reading and math. And then, in addressing his discipline problems, I was granted a meeting with his teachers and counselors, who ended up STRONGLY hinting that I should have him tested for ADHD and put on medication. I know they can't outright say it -- but it was quite clear nevertheless. And I'm a realistic parent; if my child really has an issue, I'm the first one to advocate for whatever he needs. But to me, the more conservative option was to give him an outlet, not drug him up. After we moved schools, and he got a regular recess period, all was fine.

Highland Bluff Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
The principal is rude. She has the worst communication skills that I have ever run across in a school setting.

Highland Bluff Elementary School 5

Posted July 07, 2010
Great principal and teachers! Awesome scores and fun doing it! I have two children and they both love school. The teachers have taught them so much and made it fun. It is very professionally run and organized.

Highland Bluff Elementary School 5

Posted July 04, 2010
Caring staff of teachers and administrators, an excellent Parent Volunteer Organization and the BEST kids!

Highland Bluff Elementary School
5970 Highland Bluff, Brandon, MS  39047
Last modified Highland Bluff Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Bluff Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top