PK-1 & Ungraded|Public district
899 students|Rankin Co School Dist

Bad
Good

My daughter has excelled academically with the help of great teachers and staff at Rouse. She's reading on a 3rd-grade level as a 1st grader, continuously motivated by her peers and teachers to perform at or above great level. I feel that her teachers have recognized these strengths and gone the extra mile to develop her abilities. She enjoys the extras she is provided with computer labs, music, and library. Lastly, the teachers are very open to parent interaction, I email (or visit) my daughter's teacher with any questions I might have.

The office staff are incredibly incompetent and rude. The teachers are tasked with more than they can handle. The learning environment is more conducive to learning to rush rather learn. My son loves his friends but comes home to learn math because they don't have time through out the day. Very disappointed with the quality of education as well as the treatment that I as the parent gets from faculty (thought we were supposed to be on the same team???)

1st grade is awful.The children are rushed through everything all day long. They are rushed during lunch, rushed during bathroom breaks. I have not had a decent conversation with my child's teacher because she seems to be too "rushed". I do understand that 1st grade is when the children begin to read and start math, but Rouse needs slow down and pay attention to these children. And Rouse staff needs a DRESS CODE!!! Especially the PRINCIPAL!!! I'm like, pardon me, are we at school, or are we headed to the beach?

I love our school because they have been great to by babygirl and she has learned alot!! The school is very clean and neat and the principal and faculty are awesome people!!!

I am a grandparent. I think Rouse's teachers and the overall program are above average. I think the after school program could improve on monitoring the nutrition and hydration, of the children. I would not wait for them to ask to eat, drink, or go to the restroom. I would require that they each sit down, at some point, every 1/2 hour, and sip, eat, drink, or use the rest room, if they can.

My daughter Haley has learned so much this year and I can not thank her teachers Mrs. Blakeney and Mrs. Vincent enough. Allison

Great school with excellent, caring teachers.

My child has really done well and learned alot from her teachers at Rouse

I am very upset with rouse. This was our first year there. We had problems from the start. Also, the kids only has about 10 min. To eat. When i questioned 'why', i was told that it was because they ' have too many kids.' Well, that's your problem! my child deserves enough time to eat! also, their playground time is also always cut short. One time i saw a child who had thrown up on themselves, in the lunchroom. The teacher did not take the child to the office. Instead, the child just remained in the lunch room with the other kids. When they all lined up to leave, i said 'um, is the child ok?' She said 'well no, they threw up on themselves, but what can i do about it? We can't reach their parents.' How about not letting them around other kids?! I was infuriated! my child won't go back.

It was a long process to get my child qualified and approved for an IEP plan. Her kindergarten teachers were not adept on how to handle ADHD and learning disabled students. She had a great first grade teacher who encouraged my daughter to succeed academically and socially. She is now in second grade and is not having the same level of academic and social involvement. If she doesn't know how to do her work in class, she is told she can do it in her special class later and to read a book while everyone else is working. Her grades on her report cards reflect that she is performing exceptionally well. However, at home she struggles with understanding basic concepts which were already taught in class throughout the year. I question how much she is independently doing, understanding and retaining through the chosen teaching methods.

Last modified Rouse Elementary School is a Public school