5-8 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

The rankings and comments I've read here do not reflect the current state of this school. We moved from out of state and have been very happy with the two years our son has attended. Mr. Pollard has done an excellent job since he began here as Prinicipal and BMS has jumpred nearly 4 levels in state rankings for education. BMS was just awarded the High Progress Reward Schhool for the huge improvements it has made.

Why aren't the test scores for this school up to date? Something to be ashamed of?

Byhalia is an overall great school! The rating doesn't mean a thing! I have been here since kindergarten and I never had any problem. Lots of students here are have scholarships to colleges and most plan on going to college. One of my friends moved here from Olive Branch Middle School and she said the work here is ALOT harder than over. All we need is recognition and we may even be one of the most success potential in Mississippi.

I wish you would just give BMS a chance. BMS has dedicated and highly qualified teachers that need the help of the parents. Parents want the school to raised their children. I wish you could be a fly on the wall and you will see first hand the hard work teachers do that is always overlooked by small minded individuals. Try to encourage or better yet go and visit the school.

This school is the worst in the area,I hate that my children have to be students here!

Byhalia Academy is a great school, but we need the help of not just the teachers, but the parents also. We nee the school board to back the school up with the proper equipment students need to explore their mind. This mean making sure the technology within the school system is usable for the students. Let's stay focus on our children and stay positive that this school year will be a great success.

I have had numerous problems with this school in the past but I must make it known that Mr. Reid has done a remarkable job this year. Anytime there has been a situation to arise this year, he has always handled it wonderfully. While he's learned through a lot of trial and errors the past few years, he's definitely stepped up and done a great job this year!

I'm a student and this is my first year in BMS.Its over all an o.k school the principal and teachers are nice and do a good job setting up events like the award day thing we had. J.

Last modified Byhalia Middle School (5-8) is a Public school