K-4 & Ungraded
Byhalia, MS

Posted August 21, 2013
Our schools (Elementary, middle and High school) have all received a bad reputation because of racial inequality caused by the formation of a private academy way back in the early 70's. The truth is the scores are up, way up. The teachers are top notch and really the only lacking is in Parental involvement. The recent recession has caused more students to leave the private schools and join the county schools. Also the troubled Shelby County school district has drove many new families to our area. Our schools have the precieved reputation as to being less than the Lewisburg, Olive Branch or other Desoto County Schools, yet in reality, we are better. I hope to see many other posters here who have the numbers and facts to back up my statements. I am a Grandmother whose child will not enter the system for a few more years, but I want the best school possible for her, and yet keep her in this small rural safe town.

Byhalia Elementary School (K-4) 5

Posted August 21, 2013
All three of my children attend school here one in 3rd grade, a sophomore and a junior. The principles know each child by name and greets them with a smile every morning! The state testing scores actually were better than Lewisburg School! I'm appalled at the fact that the testing scores have not been updated! This is a small town full of loving parents who are very involved with their children and parent attendance at the school is way up! The teachers are some of the best, most loving and helpful teachers! I highly recommend Byhalia Elementary, Middle and High School to any parent! Indian Pride!!

Posted August 21, 2013
Both of my kids have been going to Byhalia schools since Kindergarten. My oldest just graduated high school last year WITH HONORS and was awarded several scholarships. My youngest child is now a freshman and I am proud to say he is doing great as well. All three schools have improved so much over the years but no one seems willing to acknowledge that. All they want to do is focus on the past. I am proud of the accomplishments that the teachers and students have made. While I no longer have kids in the elementary or middle schools, I still help out over there every chance I get. More parents should take the time to ask what they can do to help the schools instead of constantly complaining about them or using them as a free baby sitting service.

Posted May 27, 2009
I have to agree with some of the other comments that more parents should be involved. the school has some nice activities that involve parent interaction, but some parents act like they do not care but want to be the first ones to react when they think their child can do no wrong. From a parents point of view, the school has too many little concession sales or something that involves children having to bring money to school to buy hot chips, juice, and candy. i get tired that every other week, here comes my child with a form about something being sold at school. I told my child that no money is leaving this house because i get broke off sending money for every little thing; and for what? but i do get along well with many of the teachers and principal.

Posted December 06, 2007
Could be better if more of our parents would take an interest in their kids. Unfortunately, our school is used more for a daycare. We are lacking parent interaction.

Posted August 01, 2007

Posted July 18, 2007

Posted July 18, 2007

Posted April 21, 2007
Parents should always be involved in their child's education. I know sometimes it is difficult depending on personal situations, but it is important to make time for your child. This school is not the best in Mississippi, but with the help of parents and the community to hold the teachers and administrators accountable this school can become a better learning environmnet for the students. We have to start caring about our children and make a point to know what goes on in their lives. Ask questions everyday...make them tell you what went on at school. If something doesn't seem right, then go to the school and find out about it. Lots of great things can happen if more people would become involved!

Byhalia Elementary School (K-4) 1

Posted July 12, 2006
There is a handful of teachers trying to do there jobs correctly and God bless them; however, too many don't care,are lazy. The building should be leveled and rebuilt!

Byhalia Elementary School (K-4)
172 Hwy 309 North, Byhalia, MS  38611
Last modified Byhalia Elementary School (K-4) is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Byhalia Elementary School (K-4) Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top