K-5 & Ungraded|Public district
1,036 students|Lowndes Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I was so unhappy with this school. When we moved here, we were told CES was an amazing school and didn't even consider other schools in the area. We should have known when we met the unfriendly principal and staff that this was not true. He didn't even tell my children's teachers they would have new students and they didn't have desks or books on the first day, despite us visiting the school the day before to register. Their main focus is AR testing to keep their high ratings. I have never seen so much pressure on young children for testing that does not even matter. We pulled our children out and placed them in private school. Numerous friends pulled their children out to do the same or homeschool. As a former educator, I would NOT recommend this school.

Supports LD students: Disagree

My son was placed beside the struggling student in class so he could "help" him throughout the day. He was basically teaching his peer full time.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal is out of touch and extremely unfriendly to parents and students. The front desk staff is also unfriendly and unhelpful.

Develops character: Disagree

I have seen examples of teaching assistants teasing and bullying students. What kind of example does that set for students?

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There is a teacher and assistant in every classroom which sounds good but is not used effectively to break students into groups to teach to their learning ability.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is too much homework for children. Students are expected to read too much for AR testing on top of regular homework starting in Kindergarten. It is NOT developmentally appropriate.

This school is not that great at all. I'm moving my kids just to get out of this school and This county school system. The acceptance of bullying kids in no shape or form should be accepted; here it is acceptable for certain kids to do this! My daughter may need actual mental help due to how ugly she's been treated. My daughter is a African American and she not only have the ms racial difference to deal with around her at school and this county, but these are basically African America girls causing this bullying, but it is being seen and ignored by this school and kids feel like they don't matter. This is not a good school that deserve this high rating!

Caledonia Elementary School is on the campus of Caledonia Schools. We are a part of the Lowndes County School District. Caledonia Elementary School houses Pre-K to Fifth Grade. We are excited about the 2013-2014 school year. We look forward to knowing and educating your child.

Caledonia Elementary School has been the home for our children since 1989. My husband & I are both graduates of Caledonia High School (class of 76). It was only right for our children to attend CES. JP started in 1990 and Carrie followed in 1991. Both are graduates of CHS as well as our daughter in law(2003 & 2004). Now our grandchildren attend CES. Caledonia, thru the LCSD, has wonderful program for all children. The staff are the best.

Caledonia Elementary school offers a wonderful learning environment. The teachers ate excellent and well trained to handle any needs the student or parents might have. I feel confident my child is receiving a great education at Caledonia Elementary.

Last modified Caledonia Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.