Canton, MS

Canton Academy 4

Posted August 14, 2014
This is a private school that my child absolutely loved. Canton Academy was truly a great experience for my daughter. The parent involvement was excellent. While I do know the education here will last my child for a life time I feel the cost of tuition is extremely to high. The teachers and administrative staff here are all wonderful. I pray that they continue doing a excellent job and working with children and parents who want the best out of education for their child. Thank you again for the opportunity you have giving my daughter. Proud and Happy Mother of Canton Academy experience

Canton Academy 1

Posted May 21, 2013
I think if you dont fit into there sterio type , whether you are a teacher or a student . The staff will allow you to be bullied and pushed out the door. My child was diagnosed with Asberger's and I brought them all information about how to best take care of my daughter and she was still constanly harassed . Canton Academy needs to close and they need to rebuild a new school with new staff . Over the last 18 years the only changes I have seen that have been made is for the sports activities and very little for the academics. With one in 80 kids been diagnosed with some type of Autism, this private school needs to put all children first and not look the other way because the kid doing the bullying happens to play a sport or sports. I tried to give as much information and addressed each one of her teachers at the beginning of the year. There was only one teacher that reached out to me or my daughter during the year and they fired her for not being able to coach/teach. She is a wonderful person and a great teacher. One that had a fresh new prospective on teaching and truly cares about her students especially the ones that dont automatically fit in.

Posted September 12, 2010
I have twins who are 5 and are in Kindegarten at Canton Academy. This is their second year there. My 15 year old came this year (10th) grade and is absolutely loving it. She has been in public school all her life, but she is really loving it. All my girls are getting a top notch education from educated, loving and caring teachers. As a parent, you can't ask for anything more. !!! Go out and check it out for yourself...you won't be disappointed!!!

Posted September 20, 2009
It provides a great learning environment for every type of learner and every learning style.

Posted May 21, 2008
Canton Academy is the best! They offer a welcoming environment, opportunities for students to participate in many extracurricular activities, fantastic teachers/administration, a wonderful sports reputation... I could go on and on. I have one son that graduated that is now at a 4-year college and another that's still at CA. I love it here!

Canton Academy